Improvements discussion (1 Viewer)

Squega

Portal Member
October 21, 2008
Southern California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First I need to say thank you for this plugin! I am using this plugin to launch GameEx and Zinc. I have however found a (minor) issue.

It seems that while MP is minimized it still accepts certain input from the remote when I am operating one of my launched programs. I can tell MP is still accepting input from the remote because I hear its navigation sounds and when I go back to MP another menu item is sometimes selected. I know that the back button and the paging buttons do this. I am using an MCE remote.

My request is that the plugin also suspends MP's input when in another program. I implemented this on the MyEmulators plugin so if you need the code you can either look in that plugin's source code or you could PM me and I can send it to you.

Thanks once again. :)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: MultiShortcut plugin.

hey, great plugin, thanks a lot.
    it would be great if you could add an option to change the behavior of the virtual keyboard,
    to use it as password prompt. e.g. typing "hello" and showing "*****".
    since mp is using this kind of virtual keyboard to enter pins, it shlould be easy to add.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: MultiShortcut plugin.

it would be great if you could add an option to change the behavior of the virtual keyboard,
    Hello,
    Not sure it's a good idea because, virtual keyboard is not only for password but also, for parameters.
    Regards.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Re : Re: MultiShortcut plugin.

Hello,
    Not sure it's a good idea because, virtual keyboard is not only for password but also, for parameters.
    Regards.

hi,
    i thought about a extra option in the config or something like this, so everybody could choose by himself if he wants ****' or not =).

something like this:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: MultiShortcut plugin.

My request is that the plugin also suspends MP's input when in another program.
    Version 1.8 on first post will answer your need.
    I leave older 1.7 version on first post for the moment because, I'm not sure MultiShortcut will work with your MP version.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: MultiShortcut plugin.

hey framug, i was wondering, could you make it that the words that start with # in the arguments string (as configured) are replaced before starting the program with their property values..

so for example i can set this as argument in multishortcut configuration: "#TestingStartPage #TestingZoom". then before calling multishortcut window, i would set those two gui properties to for example "www.google.com" and "100" and the program will be called with those arguments..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom