cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

first of all : many thanks for this great skin, i was looking for such a good one for months !

There is only one thing i'd like to say about it : the background you use for each screens is quite too uniform (a fade from black to gray). I think that it could be better to have a textured background, not something like chess or flowers (!!!), but something smooth. In amped skin they use blured clouds for example (i hope i'm clear as my english is far from being perfect :mad:)

As you see this is not much important but i wanted to "give my 2 cents"
    Attached is a "fast done" background, it is quite awful as i'm not designer at all, but it can give you an idea of what i'm talking about.

I anybody has a ideas about that...

thanks again for you big big work !

Attachments

• Background.png
      Background.png
      168 KB

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Improving background ?

Great, i can't harldy wait !!!

Edit :
    also one more thing : when under "my music" using share view mode and icon view, names are not written under each picture like in blue3 skin. Did you do that by purpose to print the maximum number of picture ? I like this view as i can see all my artist but this is dificult to find one of them with no name ! (i can see name is written at top rignt corner)
    Do i misunderstood something ? Do i misuse MePo ?

tx

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Re : Improving background ?

also one more thing : when under "my music" using share view mode and icon view, names are not written under each picture like in blue3 skin. Did you do that by purpose to print the maximum number of picture ? I like this view as i can see all my artist but this is dificult to find one of them with no name ! (i can see name is written at top rignt corner)
    Do i misunderstood something ? Do i misuse MePo ?

tx

No you did nothing wrong, I did that on purpose, I use that view for scrolling through CD's until I see one that I want to play (basically I use that view when I've got no idea what I want to play :) ). I use the list view for more information, or the Music Search plugin if I'm trying to find a specific song/artist.

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France

Ok, thanks
    I use it a different way : on the first screen i have all the artists and each album is inside each artists name. Then i use icon view on the first screen to have a general sight of all the artist i could hear (that is why name are important here) and then under each artist i use filmstrip view because it is such beautiful :)

But that is no problem, i guess i'll use list view either, and thanks for your explanations

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France

Hi Bleazle !

Please allow me one more will !

When using mini-epg (you know, when you're looking at tv and you press "OK" on remote) for each channel there is the program we are watching and the next one. As they have the same color, it is difficult to see in one sight all next programs or all actual programs. Is there a way you can have a different color for actual programs and for next ones ?
    Is it a crazy idea ?

thanks

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've never used that button but I've just had a look and I see what you mean. Obviously BleazleWide doesn't use too many colours but I guess I could change the "currently playing" (i.e. the channel being watched) to the orange colour that is used elsewhere, the other "now" programmes could be left as white and the "next" programmes could be a light grey. Seems as though there's somehting wrong with that OSD as well because I couldn't focus on the spin buttons (page up/down) or the "X" button, but then I wasn't looking at it on my main HTPC so I'll check that again later.

I'll put looking at this on my "to do" list.

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France

Ok, thanks !

I wasn't using it as well but a friend show me it and i now use it a lot as it is a really fast way to change chanel and to see what is on chanels at the moment or next.

Thanks for your interest

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem - try the attached file and see what you think. Also take a look at my post here regarding the wrong font file included in the latest release :(

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France

hey, your "to do list" is a V8 turbo one !

I had a look and this is really great, maybe the grey could be lighter as it is quite difficult to read when green focus bar is on it. I made some tests and it seems that color FFA0A0A0 is OK.

Thanks for your great job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom