Improving the TV screen look and handling (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Then the MP1 screen shows an OSD here
    Yes, it does. This is for the running TV program, but not really necessary, imho...

create a consistent look and feel
    I agree here completely. But sometimes things are not the same as usual and for those sometimes you need to add an exception (generally spoken). A consistent look and feel? Yes for sure but not at all costs (means do not sacrifice usability for constant look and feel)...

The running TV (or any other media) can be displayed as always in the bottom area, no problem to me. I only wanted to show what's available in MP1 compared to MP2. For example we did not have the "Record Now" or the "Currently running recordings" feature in MP2 now.
    And some day we should have at least nearly the same features as MP1 has, better more (If possible and useful)...

so must be your screen
    Really possible. The monitor is about 10 Years of age and is driven by a Raspberry Pi2 using a HDMI to VGA converter...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Even with the "auto tune last" channel is activated, there are checks if any other player is active. TV is then only activated if no other player is running. As this screen is the normal entry point (also for other skins), it would not be good to end an active player only because the navigation reaches TV home screen.
    A simple popupwindow asking, if you would like to stop the active player can do this. If the answer is no, PIP mode can be used. Please no TV of/off button as for MP1 (n)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please do not change the TV design of MP2 in the direction seen on the MP1 screenshots here before :sick: Totally overloaded and pain for my eyes.
    I partly agree with ge2301, "less" is sometimes "more". I also came to several different screens without knowing why. This is also because you have no idea which button brings you where. We need a manual and final version of the InputManager (y)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Referring to the first post I created the design for (1) and (2). With some help I can add the information of the selected program in the footer of (2).
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...or-bluevision-skin.131809/page-8#post-1156963
    After this (2) covers all information of (3), the only difference would be that (3) has no visible group menu. Accordingly I will design (3) a clone of (2) without group menu.

Once BV Win10 theme is done, I'll also overwork BV Default theme. I just do not want to jump between the themes :)

What is currently missing in the TV view

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Referring to the first post I created the design for (1) and (2). With some help I can add the information of the selected program in the footer of (2).
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...or-bluevision-skin.131809/page-8#post-1156963
    After this (2) covers all information of (3), the only difference would be that (3) has no visible group menu. Accordingly I will design (3) a clone of (2) without group menu.
    This is done finally for Win10 theme. Default theme will follow.

Still open and no idea how to realize.

Channel numbers. As many people asked for it, channels could be accessed directly by pressing a numbers. I think it's a good feature.
    Open. Makes only sense, when TV-channels can be selected by numbers with remote. This feature is missing so far I think.

Currently recording indicator
    Not possible at the moment, but I have an idea.
    When a recording is started always a schedule is added, right? If you schedule in advance it is done. But, if you record right in the moment from EPG a program I'm not sure.
    If yes, then a "IsRecording" indicator could be realized by following logic check: "t_schedule_begin < t_now < t-schedule"

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not possible at the moment, but I have an idea.
    When a recording is started always a schedule is added, right? If you schedule in advance it is done. But, if you record right in the moment from EPG a program I'm not sure.
    If yes, then a "IsRecording" indicator could be realized by following logic check: "t_schedule_begin < t_now < t-schedule"
    I would not go this route: while this could give an imformation what is planned to record, it doesn't represent the actual state. Also this would not consider post/pre-record time offset.

This should be implemented properly by server side notifications via UPnP which are then handled in client.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The schedules button I have,
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

but when I press on it I got a different screen.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg
    This completely useless (to me at last) screen is the only thing I can get there. So was it since the very first time I used MP2- And I have more than 60 recurring recordings, and those are all I can see here...

by the way, the menu structure is independant of the theme, so for me it will be the same with default and/or Win10 theme...

And as a proof that is is not meshed up by my modifications, here is this view in Titan:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but when I press on it I got a different screen.
    So you have the screen. The content is the same as in my screen shot, I just modified the layout fitting to Win10 theme :)
    But it's not working for me. If I delete scheduled recordings in this schedule screen they remain marked in the EPG view. Scheduled recordings times passed without any recording.

I never recorded something and most probably will never do, so I do not care too much.
    I just scheduled recordings to design the screen ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The screens are the same, but @ge2301 has only single recordings, while @Lehmden has a lot of series schedules. And for the latter there is currently no view to list each single episode.

That's what I've started to work on.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's not about the design, it's about content. You have lots of "once" recordings there I never could see here.

But it's not working for me. If I delete scheduled recordings in this schedule screen they remain marked in the EPG view.
    This is an old bug, no one knows if it's the TV engine or MP2 or the communication between both of them... A recording that is scheduled can't be removed from inside the MP2 client. In the screen where you delete it, it seems to be removed, but the next time you see any screen (no matter which one) where one can see a schedule it's there again. And it will be recorded when the time has come so it definitely isn't removed from the list.

That's what I've started to work on.
    It's not (only) about every singe episode, it's about a list by time, so you can see what's next to record (no matter if it is a one time only or a part of a series recording). Now if I want to upgrade the system, do a reboot, install any other software, upgrade or test something for MP2, edit the MediaLibrary with MP2-Edit or any other action that may stop the MP2 server from recording you need to walk through the whole Multi EPG and even then may miss something there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom