Improving the TV screen look and handling (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    var rm="read_more ...";var o="... Read Less";var adjustheight=20; This is an old bug, no one knows if it's the TV engine or MP2 or the communication between both of them... A recording that is scheduled can't be removed from inside the MP2 client. In the screen where you delete it, it seems to be removed, but the next time you see any screen (no matter which one) where one can see a schedule it's there again. And it will be recorded when the time has come so it definitely isn't removed from the list.
    There was an issue with deleting single recordings from a series schedule. This one is fixed inside branch https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commits/FEAT_UpdateTVE, more specific this commit: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/1017347d6b49898cf61778d09a672a81a57040a5.

The second mentioned issue is another: if you are deleting schedule inside schedules, the changes might not be reflected inside EPG view. This is probably caused by caching of programs. Can you first check if the recording status is correct if you change the channel group forth and back? This will cause reloading of programs.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's not (only) about every singe episode, it's about a list by time, so you can see what's next to record (no matter if it is a one time only or a part of a series recording). Now if I want to upgrade the system, do a reboot, install any other software, upgrade or test something for MP2, edit the MediaLibrary with MP2-Edit or any other action that may stop the MP2 server from recording you need to walk through the whole Multi EPG and even then may miss something there...
    Does this look like what you want?
    upload_2015-10-31_20-14-21.png

Loading the programs should be ok now. I've sorted all by StartTime ascending. Next I need to add the actions and a switch between both list modes.

That brings me to the question how to sort the "global" schedules list in general (not the single programs). Currently I have no order in place, so they are shown as they are returned by the DB. If we sort them by date, also very old series schedules will be listed at top, current ones much later in long list.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does this look like what you want?
    Yes, thanks.
    If we sort them by date, also very old series schedules will be listed at top, current ones much later in long list.
    Maybe best is to sort them by title. If I search "Doctor Who", I know I have to look at letter "D" and if I'm searching "Star Trek" it's letter "S". Seems most natural to me.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    I started to create the design for the "ProgramSearch" screen.
    I'd like to use the same listviewstyle (ChannelWithLogoAndProgramListViewStyle) [Channel logo + Channel Name, Program, Progress] as for the other screens. You can see from the screenshots, it's not working yet, because the SlimTvProgramSearchModel is not prepared for it. Could you adjust the Model?
    Unbenannt.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd like to use the same listviewstyle (ChannelWithLogoAndProgramListViewStyle) [Channel logo + Channel Name, Program, Progress] as for the other screens. You can see from the screenshots, it's not working yet, because the SlimTvProgramSearchModel is not prepared for it. Could you adjust the Model?
    Acutally it's just adding the properties ChannelLogo and ChannelName, as you have done also for other Models. What I don't understand, why the Program is shown in the column, where the the style defines the Channel Name. I'll leave the screen until your feedback as it is.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Acutally it's just adding the properties ChannelLogo and ChannelName, as you have done also for other Models. What I don't understand, why the Program is shown in the column, where the the style defines the Channel Name. I'll leave the screen until your feedback as it is.
    Still the same question :( A "Yes" or "No" would help. In case of "No" I know I need to change the style on weekend at least...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd like to use the same listviewstyle (ChannelWithLogoAndProgramListViewStyle) [Channel logo + Channel Name, Program, Progress] as for the other screens
    @morpheus_xx I forgot to mention it in my second post, sorry :oops: Besides ChannelName also I'd like to have the property Progress to realize the design of the screenshot a few posts above. Could you also add it by time. Nothing urgent, since I now know it's possible.

At the moment it looks like this:
    Unbenannt.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think that this property makes much sense here, consider following: the program guide contains 14 days in advance. Your search will probably affect only future items, how you would define a "progress" for future? I guess it would be "0" in most cases.

If you like, there is a "RemainingDuration" avaiable as "Program.RemainingDuration": https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...Client/Helpers/ProgramProperties.cs#L100-L108

I'd prefer to see the program start/end time direct in the list, not only when focusing each item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom