Include timeshift buffer in recordings (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The uploaded build is outdated in this post, and I won't upload any new build to this thread. If you want to use/test this feature please visit the TsBufferExtractor plugin for TvServer thread.

Thx. :)

Hi Everybody!

This is a new feature for Mediaportal.

Features

When the recording starts, the timeshift buffer will be copyed to the same folder where the recording is stored.

Installation Instructions

This is a TEST version without official support by the Team!

The installer was build from latest master branch (nearly 1.5 final). You can upgrade from 1.4, 1.5-pre versions.
    Start the client configure.exe with /debugoptions and select the option.

debug.png

Known Issues, Limitations
    • After a finished recording, you have to switch to an another channel, before start a new one. (I will handle it in the next version.)
    • There is 500-1000 ms gap between end of the ts buffers and begining of the recording, so we lost some frames from the TV show.

Change log
    • V2: fix channel change bug
    • V3: copy from begin of the tv show, do not copy if the there is no start point (no EPG or the start point was overwritten because of the buffer is too small)

Feedback

Please attach the server and the client debug logs.
    Thanks!

Regeszter

My original 1st post was:
    (Hi,

I have miss this feature so I started to rework this part of code. The feature is working now but I have an issue.

The TS buffer files can not be played with Windows Media Player or VLC. The MediaPoral can play it of course. It seems there is no valid header or something in the TS buffer file. So I can not merge TS buffers with recorded file with external programs.

Is there any idea?

Thanks!)

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    please, please, make this feature working! i am not sure how do you want to manage it as mm13520 said that there are no timestamps in timeshift file, so no way to recognize/cut it from the beginning of show.

Have you tried to merge timeshift buffer file with "normally" recorded one? e.g. with VideoReDo or with Solveig?
    @mm1352000 is there any difference between timeshift file and recorded (with MP of course) file?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

I used an easy way. When the recording started I save the timeshift position. After that I copied the buffers with time order. So I store the all buffers but I think it is not a problem.

For example:

I have a checker to see if the buffer was reused or not.

TSbuffer1
    TSbuffer2
    TSbuffer3 <- this is the current buffer, I read the position
    TSbuffer4

I copy the files with this order.

If the buffer was reused, I copy the files after current file until last file.
    If the current buffer in not the 1st file, I copy the files from the 1st one.
    At the end I have copy the current file until the current position.

In this example:
    TSbuffer4
    TSbuffer1
    TSbuffer2
    TSbuffer3 until current position.

It works but these files cant be played with WMP or VLC. MP Classic and Mediaportal can play it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is no guarantee that buffers are aligned to packet boundaries. Perhaps VLC and WMC can't find the alignment in certain cases. I did a quick experiment and confirmed that this might be the problem.

PS: as much as I am happy that you are working on this, I really hope it will be easy to port to TVE 3.5.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know this feature is available, but only if you start config with "/debugoptions", then there is a possibility to use it, see attachment.

Attachments

• debug.png
      debug.png
      69.8 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes, I know but that is not working.

sonnybonds

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @regeszter and team MediaPortal:
    You are my personal hero, if you get to work this!!! (y)

I have been waiting for ages for this feature to come to MP. Even my six year old Easy-VDR-installation managed that and I really missed it when switching to MP.

Me and some users where asking for it in 2009 or 2010 and when GEMX implemented it as debug option, I hoped it would come soon as a standard feature of MP. But then, nothing happend. :cry:

This should be a standard-feature for MP1 and MP2 and therefore should find it´s way into TVE3 and TVE3.5.

I hope the team will support your in your undertaking and will implement it as soon as possible! If it should not be possible with your approach, then maybe the team could think ways in rewriting TS-File-Management?!

Good luck and thank you for try regeszter!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I agree that this is "the" feature I miss the most. Getting this to work properly (in TVE 3.5) would be great!

You're probably aware that this has been discussed and tried a number of times - hopefully you can dig (read: search) up the treads to save you some time regarding what works and not.... also see "similar threads".

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    one question: Do I understand it correct that you copy the complete TimeshiftBuffer in front of the recording?
    I have a timeshiftbuffer of around 24h which would result in huuuuuuuuge recordings with a lot of stuff to skip...

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes. Does your TV server in use 7/24h? I mean is the TV server timeshifting all day?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom