Inconsistent Sort-by-Date (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using MP 1.9.0 pre, aMPed 3.6.2, on 32-bit Vista.

If I go to the "Scheduled Recordings" panel, select "sort by date", and select the upwardly-pointing triangle (which I interpret to mean "sort increasing"), I get a list with the earliest date first and the latest date last.

If I go to the "Recorded TV" or "Recorded Radio" panel, select "sort by date", and select the upwardly-pointing triangle (which I interpret to mean "sort increasing"), I get a list with the earliest date last and the latest date first, i.e. the opposite way to the "Scheduled Recordings" panel. I don't think that this is right, because it is supposed to be "sort by date" and not "sort by age".

Although "sort by age" would be a valid choice to offer (upward triangle means "youngest first"), I think that for "sort by date" most people would expect the order to be the same as the order used in "Scheduled Recordings". I have not checked any other panels, but they may be inconsistent too.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Again, that is not controlled by the skin. To tell if it is a skin issue, check Default or Titan skin as those are provided by MP. If the behaviour is the same, it is not likely a skin issue and probably hard coded. If so, you need to submit a bug report or improvement suggestion.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Again, that is not controlled by the skin.
    :(

To tell if it is a skin issue, check Default or Titan skin as those are provided by MP. If the behaviour is the same, it is not likely a skin issue and probably hard coded. If so, you need to submit a bug report or improvement suggestion.
    Will do.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom