[solved] Incorrect audio being reported (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have a bunch of movie files where Moving Pictures reports the soundtrack is stereo when in fact it is 5.1
If I use the latest mediainfo (19.09) to check, it reports the tracks as 5.1
They all have AAC LC tracks. Looking at the more detailed view in Mediainfo, it appears as though the ones that are incorrectly reporting stereo all have a codec id of "mp4a-40-2". Those with a codec id of "a_acc-2" and AAC LC report as 5.1 fine within Moving Pictures.

Is this something to do with the current mediainfo.dll used by MePo? I'm currently running MePo 1.22.
Would upgrading MePo help? Is the latest mediainfo reporting the soundtrack correctly? I can only assume it is as when I play the file my amp indicates 5.1 surround.

I should also say the original file extension was mp4 and I changed it to mkv, but I wouldn't expect this to make a difference in identifying the soundtrack?

Cheers.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If I use the latest mediainfo (19.09) to check, it reports the tracks as 5.1 ... Is this something to do with the current mediainfo.dll used by MePo? I'm currently running MePo 1.22.
    I am running MP 1.24, and from looking at the MP log file it would appear that MP 1.24 is using MediaInfo 19.04.

I don't use multi-channel audio, so I cannot say whether MP 1.24 would solve your problem, but if you can obtain a copy of MediaInfo 19.04 you could check to see whether it identifies your files correctly.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Is this something to do with the current mediainfo.dll used by MePo? I'm currently running MePo 1.22.
    MePo 1.22 use own MediaInfo wrapper, MovPics use own MediaInfo wrapper, but 1.24 use new MediaInfo wrapper and MovPics use the some MediaInfo wrapper? try update MePo to 1.24 and check ...

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks both. Will look at upgrading MePo to latest and see what happens. Doesn't take too long to manually set to 5.1, but obviously easier if it reports it correctly without me needing to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom