Incorrect Frequency and PID data from Autotune (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Area: Media Portal Program
    MP Version: 0.1.3.0
    Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: XP Professional with SP2 and all updates
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
    Memory: 512MB
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA KM400
    Video Card: GigaByte GV-R955128D (ATI Radeon 9550)
    Video Card Driver: ATI Radeon v5.6
    Video Render Type: VMR9 renderless
    Video Codec Type & Version: nVidia Video Decoder
    Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
    TV Card: Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T
    TV Card Type: DVB-T
    TV Card Driver: Dvico Fusion ver 3.0RC1

Optional Log:

Optional References:

Synopsis:

Autotune collects some incorrect frequency and PID data for some digital TV channels.

ABC2 video PID should be 2309, but Autotune collects 174. This causes a channel change from ABC to ABC2 to hang, since these 2 channels share the same Transport Stream.

Nine Melbourne frequency should be 191625, but Autotune collects 191500.

Ten Digital (SD) Service ID should be 1585, but Autotune collects 1589
    Ten Digital (SD) PMT ID should be 257, but Autotune collects 256.
    1585 and 257 relate to Logical Channel Number 1 in the Network Ten Transport Stream, but 1589 and 256 are for LCN 10 within the Network Ten TS - which probably has no real impact on viewing channel TEN as long as LCN 1 and LCN 10 both carry the same program.

chook

Portal Member
    June 15, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Tipan I seem to be having some PID problems, can you tell me where i can find what the right PID's should be for Sydney?

Also do you think this is related to your other thread regarding erratic channel changing as I am experiencing this as well?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Chook,

If you use the utility ScanChannelsBDA.exe it will tell you all the frequencies and PIDs you have available in Sydney. Here is the whole thread on ScanChannelsBDA, if you want some background info on this utility.

I don't think that this has anything to do with the erratic channel changing problem, as this PID data problem existed in MP 0.1.2.0, but the erratic channel changing has only existed in MP 0.1.3.0, for me. Besides, I have manually corrected all the wrong PID info and I am still getting erratic channel changes.

alfw

February 3, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    My experience mirrors Taipan's: PID problem introduced in 0.1.2.0 and erratic channel changing in 0.1.3.0 pre.
    [Dvico Fusion USB2, always with latest available drivers. XP SP2]

teros

Portal Member
    April 7, 2005
    any mirrors to the scanbda program the guy seems to be using dyndns and seems his machine must be off.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    PM me your email address and I will send ScanChannelsBDA.zip to you - the zip file is only 120Kb

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have just installed the CVS 07-25-2005--01:32, to see if any of the recent changes have fixed this issue. Unfortunately, this CVS has made this problem worse:-

1. Previously, Autotune would select the wrong frequency for just channel Nine (191,500 instead of 191,625). This time, Autotune selected the wrong frequency for Seven (177,625 instead of 177,500), for Ten (219,625 instead of 219,500) and ABC (226,625 instead of 226,500).

2. Autotune still sets the ABC 2 Video PID to 174 (hex AE), but it should be 2309 (hex 905). And even though I have manually changed the Video PID to 2309, MP for some reason ignores the change and keeps seeking video at 174 , as can be seen by this section of the MediaPortal.log, where MP is trying to receive ABC 2:-

Code:
    25/07/2005 9:07:55 PM DVBGraphBDA:SubmitTuneRequest() frequency:226500 KHz Bandwidth:7 ONID:4112 TSID:561, SID:562
    25/07/2005 9:07:55 PM DVBDemuxer:ABC 2 audio:906 video:AE teletext:909 pmt:102 subtitle:0 program:562

I know that this is not a problem with my DVB-T BDA drivers, since the little application "ScanChannelsBDA.exe" locates all the correct frequecies and PIDs.

It is also weird that even when I change the ABC 2 Video PID from 174 to 2309, MP still seeks to wrong value (174, or hex AE). Is this an error in the database data, or an error with the conversion of the data from decimal to hex?

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can get MP to use 2309 (hex 905) for the ABC 2 Video PID, instead of 174?

yankinoz

Portal Member
    May 14, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    chook said:
    Also do you think this is related to your other thread regarding erratic channel changing as I am experiencing this as well?

Chook - did you get AC3 pids set to 0? That fixed the channel changing problems for me. I'm still having problems switching between recorded TV and live TV but the channel changes are fine.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    I can confirm the bug with ABC2 in Melbourne however I was able to manually change it to the correct PID in 0.1.2.0 but this does not seem to work in 0.1.3.0.

Losing some WAF on this one :cry:

S

stranger2005

I thought it was just me having this problem. Posted a long time ago about ABC2 in Melbourne but didn't get any response. I have some good and bad news. The bad news is that I have a similar config to Taipan but I was able to tune all my channels except ABC2. Thats not to say that autotune was working because I didn't check the settings for the channels. But I could view all the channels in Melbourne.

The good news is (wait for it) unlike previous versions of MP I was able to get an error message with MP 0.1.3 this time. Haven't got the logs with me right now but it said it had something to do with the PMT ID. ABC2 always autotunes to PMT 258 or something. Changed it to 257 or 259 and it worked. For some reason it doesn't like 258. I still have 174 for PID and It didn't make a difference when I put in 2309.

Now if they could fix that damn dual dvb-t card record button problem I'd be a lot happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom