[Info] Enhanced Trakt Integration with Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello,

A lot of effort has been put in to the Trakt plugin for mediaportal recently, and some of those enhancements integrate into moving pictures, which is detailed below

First, enable the below in Trakt plugins settings, either via Trakt Plugin Configuration or via the Trakt Mediaportal GUI

“Create Moving Pictures Categories”
    “Create Moving Pictures Filters”

Moving Picture Categories

Bascially, this will add the Trakt watch list and Trakt Movie Recommendations into Moving Pictures,
    as a category, and will show you movies from your recommended or watch list, that are available to play in moving pictures right now.

MovPicsTrakt.jpg

MovPicsRecommend.jpg

MovPicsWatchList.jpg

Moving Pictures Filters:

This will add, under Filters a “TRAKT’ option which gives you the ability to filter any category such as All Movies, by either your trakt recommendation or watch list

MovPicsFilter.jpg

Add to Watch List, Rate and Shouts

This requires skin support, and will allow you to access, via the hidden menu, for any movie, in the moving-pictures movie details screen, “Rate”, “Shouts” and “Add to Watch List”. The following is the hidden menu from streamedmp

MovPicsHiddenMenu.jpg

MovPicRate.jpg

MovPicShouts.jpg

MovPicsWatchList.jpg

thanks.

Forum and Download Links for Trakt can be found here
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/trakt-548/

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I have been exploring the use of trakt in the last few days and think it's great, will get a lot of use here. One (possible) bug: When I set the default view of the trakt categories in the MovingPictures config (eg. Coverflow), and then launch MP and go into MovingPictures and one of the Trakt categories, it has reset to list view.

I am running MP1.2.2, StreamedMP 1.7.5 and latest 1.3beta of MovingPictures.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible (at least locally) to lift the movie data from Movingpictures.dat instead of the info available at trakt.tv? Having perfectly matched data in my own language (IMDB+ ) and not being able to see it when creating a Trakt WatchList in MediaPortal gives me an "oh, so close but so far away" feeling. If for example I have an extended version of a movie in my database, like LOTR and I add it to the WatchList, I expect to see the correct runtime instead of starting it only to not being able to finish it due to not enough free time.

Please consider the above a feature request of sorts. :)
    Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When I set the default view of the trakt categories in the MovingPictures config (eg. Coverflow), and then launch MP and go into MovingPictures and one of the Trakt categories, it has reset to list view.
    Hi bwg, I also see this issue and will investigate further. Thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Would it be possible (at least locally) to lift the movie data from Movingpictures.dat instead of the info available at trakt.tv? Having perfectly matched data in my own language (IMDB+ ) and not being able to see it when creating a Trakt WatchList in MediaPortal gives me an "oh, so close but so far away" feeling. If for example I have an extended version of a movie in my database, like LOTR and I add it to the WatchList, I expect to see the correct runtime instead of starting it only to not being able to finish it due to not enough free time.

Hi Emph, we only use MovingPictures data when in MovingPictures. Have you considered playing your watchlist from MovingPictures directly instead? You can do that by enabling Trakt Categories in Trakt settings, and then browse your watchlist from MovingPictures categories.

Whenever you are browsing from the Trakt GUI, it will always pull data from online...guess it would be useful to some people if local info was shown instead if available. Will have a think about it.

If you click on a movie from trakt GUI it will directly take you to movingpictures details view where it will show you the correct runtime for your movie. Maybe you were pressing Play which directly plays movie?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

If you click on a movie from trakt GUI it will directly take you to movingpictures details view where it will show you the correct runtime for your movie. Maybe you were pressing Play which directly plays movie?

I'm aware that I get the Moving Pictures info on a OK press, but it's another click. ;)

Thanks for considering it, I'll look into the Trakt setting to see the Watch List inside Moving Pictures ASAP.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom