Info on particular configuration (1 Viewer)

Waillant

March 22, 2020
Italy Italy
Country flag
Hi to all,
I've a question about a particular configuration that I would like to do (possibly with mediaportal 2).
I would like to have a single seat installation in my sitting room with DVBS2 and DVBT2 as well as the other typical features.
In another room I wold like to have a client installation connected to the first server installation but (and this is the doubt), I wold like to use the dvbt2 cable present in the room so:
  • if the server in the first room is off, I can use only dvbt2 in the second room
  • if the server in the first room is on, I can use dvbs2 and all other features installed in the first pc
Is it possible to achieve this?
Thank you very much.
Bye,
Nicola

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    In another room I would like to have a client installation connected to the first server installation but (and this is the doubt), I would like to use the dvbt2 cable present in the room so:
    • if the server in the first room is off, I can use only dvbt2 in the second room
    • if the server in the first room is on, I can use dvbs2 and all other features installed in the first pc
    Is it possible to achieve this?
    I am not an expert in client/server setups, but I think that the answer is (unfortunately) No.

With MP (either MP1 or MP2), you can have only one MP server in your home network, and all of the MP clients must connect to it. An MP client must receive its TV datastream from an MP server (the MP client cannot receive TV directly from the aerial). Sorry that this is not the answer that you wanted. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Waillant

March 22, 2020
    Italy Italy
    Country flag
    Thank you very much.
    As you say, this is not the wanted answer... but it is a answer ;).

Bye,
    Nicola

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    FlatEric [solved] 5016: Same position for title and speed-info when forwarding watch/edit Videos 3
    F Show Player info while skipping Feature Requests 0
    BrownGhost MP-TVSeries, Failed to save xml to cache, and not adding any info to tvseries from tvdb My TVSeries 4
    P Freesat EPG, no Freesat Info radio channel? Electronic Program Guide 3
    BigGranu [Help Me!] User Info Popup/Dialog or ??? MediaPortal 2 1
    1gkar Use Alternative Sites to Scrape Series Info My TVSeries 5
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2
    B Media info shows audio is 5.1 MP shows 2.0 Watch / Listen Media 2
    doskabouter No guide info added due to a MYSQL deadlock Electronic Program Guide 1
    porky996t No Movie Info being grabbed Moving Pictures 5
    R TV Guide No Episode Info Displayed Electronic Program Guide 5
    J Info button is virtually pressed with each button use in MePo 1.19 Remotes 8
    G [solved] Cannot skip when programme info is visible Archive 20
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 5
    framug [solved] Some changes/fix in MP1 configuration client and server Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 14
    horned_reaper MediaPortal configuration error log message General Support 1
    T TV Series Configuration funktioniert nicht Plugins & Erweiterungen 15
    HTPCSourcer [Evaluate] Remove obsolete menu entries from "MP2 TV Configuration" MediaPortal 2 0
    T I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? General 10
    P Configuration Moving Pictures Support d'installation et de configuration 0
    cbr954rr How to disable a pre-configured plugin? General 2
    A FB funktioniert plötzlich nicht mehr korrekt Allgemeines Supportforum 0