Info on particular configuration (1 Viewer)

Waillant

March 22, 2020
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi to all,
I've a question about a particular configuration that I would like to do (possibly with mediaportal 2).
I would like to have a single seat installation in my sitting room with DVBS2 and DVBT2 as well as the other typical features.
In another room I wold like to have a client installation connected to the first server installation but (and this is the doubt), I wold like to use the dvbt2 cable present in the room so:
  • if the server in the first room is off, I can use only dvbt2 in the second room
  • if the server in the first room is on, I can use dvbs2 and all other features installed in the first pc
Is it possible to achieve this?
Thank you very much.
Bye,
Nicola

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In another room I would like to have a client installation connected to the first server installation but (and this is the doubt), I would like to use the dvbt2 cable present in the room so:
    • if the server in the first room is off, I can use only dvbt2 in the second room
    • if the server in the first room is on, I can use dvbs2 and all other features installed in the first pc
    Is it possible to achieve this?
    I am not an expert in client/server setups, but I think that the answer is (unfortunately) No.

With MP (either MP1 or MP2), you can have only one MP server in your home network, and all of the MP clients must connect to it. An MP client must receive its TV datastream from an MP server (the MP client cannot receive TV directly from the aerial). Sorry that this is not the answer that you wanted. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Waillant

March 22, 2020
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank you very much.
    As you say, this is not the wanted answer... but it is a answer ;).

Bye,
    Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom