Install a supported audio/video encoder for your software analog card (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I received an email that you replied again, but no message here. I think the spam filter was being a bit strict...
    [edit: and now it appears, strange... :confused:]

You can use google translate to convert German to English... or just follow the "zum download" links like I did. :)
    Here is a direct link to the download:
    http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_dow...048&v=3600&s=828db385b93ac5c5a41fa4fc4b340b17

Last edited:

Leco Dalai

August 1, 2013
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Let me try another way. I've downloaded the file. When I run windrv3.exe, windows 8 blocks the installation telling that the German package isn't installed in the machine. I need windrv3.exe for English or Portuguese Languages, so windows recognize it as a valid setup file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Let me try another way. I've downloaded the file. When I run windrv3.exe, windows 8 blocks the installation telling that the German package isn't installed in the machine. I need windrv3.exe for English or Portuguese Languages, so windows recognize it as a valid setup file.
    Ahhh, I see - sorry. I agree, I get the same error when I try to install that version. :(
    I have the English installer here (which I downloaded several years ago), but I think we are probably not allowed to provide it to you.
    The other alternative you could try is the ATI encoders...
    1. Download the "Encoder" package from here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/mmc9-16.aspx
    2. Run the installer. It will unzip to the selected location on your HDD, then start the installer. Do not continue the installer.
    3. Navigate to the installer location on your HDD, then locate the AVIVO folder.
    4. Run AVIVO.msi inside that folder to install the ATI encoders. After that you can delete the installer directory.

Note, I'm running XP and I know it will work there. Not sure if it will work for Vista+.

Leco Dalai

August 1, 2013
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    AVIVO works!!! With great image and sound quality. :)

But a little bit out of sync. :(

Is there any option I tune to better sync it??? The sound is coming first.

Thanks in advance!!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom