Install MP1 with MP2 TV Server (1 Viewer)

deeztek

Portal Member
October 6, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having a lot of little annoying quirks with MP2. I'm thinking I should start using MP1 instead. Is it possible to use MP1 with the already existing MP2 TV server?

Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is it possible to use MP1 with the already existing MP2 TV server?
    Yes and No... You can use an MP1 client as SingleSeat (on the same machine than the MP2 server) but without EPG data. For this you need to edit the gentle.config and add some SQLite files to MP1. What exactly to do you can find by searching in the forum. On Multiseat you need to fiddle with tons of things like changing the Database and similar... If the MP1 TV Plugin wouldn't be such an ugly piece of code and doing lots and lots of things in a really "hacky" way this normally should work. But with the current MP1 Client plugin it doesn't. This will be changing as soon as there will be a MP1 plugin for the new TV engine (TVE 3.5) that should replace the old TV engine some day. Today a test of the new TVE only is possible with MP2 because of the not proper working MP1 TV plugin.
    If you don't want to loose your data from MP2 it probably is easier to solve the quirks rather than switching back to the old MP1 version...
    But we need to know what those quirks are about to help you solving them.

deeztek

Portal Member
    October 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi.
    But we need to know what those quirks are about to help you solving them.

These are issues that I've posted here that don't seem to be solvable. The major issues I have are:

1. Unable to delete series recordings from the TV guide. I delete the series, I go back to MP2 and it's still there scheduled to be recorded.
    2. Unable to delete recorded TV from the GUI. No delete button.
    3. Unable to get season and episode numbers when recording TV shows. There some utilities out there that will rename the recordings and append season and episode numbers but they only seem to work with MP1.
    4. Unable to play videos
    5. Unable to play Netflix from OnlineVideos (I guess not supported)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    1. Unable to delete series recordings from the TV guide. I delete the series, I go back to MP2 and it's still there scheduled to be recorded.
    A nasty one for me too. Morpheus is working on a solution, so most likely this will be solved in one of the next Weekly releases... I've tried to delete the schedules from inside rthe SetupTV (same as MP1) and not even there it's possible Seems more like a bug in the TV engine (what's identical to the one from MP1)

2. Unable to delete recorded TV from the GUI. No delete button.
    That's not true. You easily can delete Recordings from within the GUI Just hit the "Info" button on your remote and select the last option. In German it's "Von Speicher löschen", haven't the exact term in English:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

3. Unable to get season and episode numbers when recording TV shows.
    This only is a matter of your EPG Data source and has nothing to do with MP at all.

4. Unable to play videos
    This also is noting MP related, it's simply some sort of misconfiguration. I'm using MP2 daily since more than a year now and always could play any video I wanted...

5. Unable to play Netflix from OnlineVideos
    This I can't judge as I don't have Netflix (or any other streaming service) due to limited bandwidth here in the countryside.

deeztek

Portal Member
    October 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi.

That's not true. You easily can delete Recordings from within the GUI Just hit the "Info" button on your remote and select the last option. In German it's "Von Speicher löschen", haven't the exact term in English:

I found it. It's Delete from Storage. I was trying to do it using keyboard/mouse.

This only is a matter of your EPG Data source and has nothing to do with MP at all.

I guess I need to subscribe to Schedules Direct to get this info.

This also is noting MP related, it's simply some sort of misconfiguration. I'm using MP2 daily since more than a year now and always could play any video I wanted...

First of all, I'm not sure what MP2 daily is or know how to get it. I'm using the Summer Release and that's the only version I can find to download. That being said, I'm not sure what kind of configuration I can do in order to play videos. I don't see any configuration options to choose a video player. As far as I know, all the prerequisites for MP2 are installed automatically.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Sorry for my bad English. It's about 40 years ago since I've learned it in school. And I wasn't very good in foreign languages, no matter if it was English, French or Latin..
    I'm not sure what MP2 daily is
    I'm using MP2 every day...

I was trying to do it using keyboard/mouse.
    With mouse you can use the right button to reach this menu for the selected item.

I'm not sure what kind of configuration I can do in order to play videos
    First you need to import them to the media library by adding a media source. Without adding a media share containing your videos you can't play them in MP2 at all

In an average environment LAV filters are installed and used automatically. With those codecs you can play (nearly) everything that is available out there.
    If this did not work you can tweak the codecs in settings - player and the sub- items there to find.

If you still got no video to play, please open another thread and add your log files there.

By the way, here are the more recent versions than "Summer 15 U1" of MP2 to find:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/development-snapshots.683/
    If you are brave and like to try out new features and fixes before they are making it into a full release...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another thing...
    I guess I need to subscribe to Schedules Direct to get this info.
    I often heard that Schedules Direct is the only useful and working EPG source for US and other American users... As I never was in the US I can't judge this by myself, but most users I know are telling this. Maybe @breese , a team member living in the US and a very active MP2 tester and user can tell you more about how this is working in MP2...

Users who are viewing this thread