Install of MP 1.20 fails/TV client not working (1 Viewer)

voort4444

October 20, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation.
However one of my client boxes in the house died on me and now I want to install a fresh MP 1.20 Client on a new PC, however it starts saying it has no internet connection (first warning can be ignored), but when continuining I can also not download a xml.file and the install ends.
I can however install normally (no error about internet connections) MP 1.33 client. But that does not work with my tv-server...it can connect to my tv-server, sees all ports are open, but I think that is not compatible with the tv-server...

Can someone point me how to get the MP 1.20 Client install to work (i gues some file are not available online anymore)?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can someone point me how to get the MP 1.20 Client install to work
    My recommendation would be to upgrade your TV Server system and all of your client systems to MP 1.33.

There is always scope for things to go wrong (especially if upgrading from 1.12 to 1.33 -- it may be too large a jump in release number), so I would suggest creating a drive image of your "C:" drive before making any changes. Then if the upgrade goes wrong, you can restore the drive image to return your "C:" drive to the release that you are currently using. Allow 2-3 hours to complete all of these actions.

There are several respected and free tools available for creating drive images (Macrium, Aomei, others...), although the tool that I use is not free (Terabyte Unlimited's "Bootit" product).

Finally, please understand that development resource in the current MP team is severely limited, and spending time trying to get an ancient TV Server release to work with a newer MP client release is not a sensible way to use that resource. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

voort4444

October 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, I will look for a drive to be able to clone my original C:

is there a possibility to be able to run the MP1.20 setup with the files that are needed for it online? Now it seems there is no possibility to install this "legacy" version, whithout the files that it needs in on online repository?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is there a possibility to be able to run the MP1.20 setup with the files that are needed for it online? Now it seems there is no possibility to install this "legacy" version, without the files that it needs in on online repository?
    I don't know the answer to this question :(. Perhaps @ajs can advise.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    i gues some file are not available online anymore
    Most likely the problem is not this, but that 1.20 (if my memory serves me right) does not support working with https, and we live in 2024, and all servers have switched to working with https.
    Why not update TV Server?

voort4444

October 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Most likely the problem is not this, but that 1.20 (if my memory serves me right) does not support working with https, and we live in 2024, and all servers have switched to working with https.
    Why not update TV Server?
    I want to use newcs with the tv-server and I have not been able to get that running yet ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I want to use newcs with the tv-server and I have not been able to get that running yet
    The TV server in 1.20 is not much different from 1.33, perhaps not even different at all.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    latest MP will not work with old tvserver, due to adding some columns in the database.
    Did a bit of hacking myself (don't want to update tvserver too, currently running 1.29 TV with MP 1.33.100) and added those columns manually.
    It's absolutely not a recommended way of doing things, and I don't know if 1.20 needs more patching to get it to work, but as a Plan B or C it might be doable

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom