Installation failure on TV Server when doing single seat installation (1 Viewer)

Samsonetty

December 9, 2020
Home Country
Germany Germany
unter Win 7 hatte ich keine Probleme, MP1 lief und lief und lief, auch mit Win 2009 keine Probleme, nur mit 20H2 [Pro] (19042.804), also die erste Version, na ja, ich kann einfach nichts machen, ich wäre so glücklich gewesen wenn es eine Lösung gegeben hätte.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just completed a MP 1.27 install on a Win 10 x64 pro (20H2 19042.844) without problem scaned TV channels and loaded EPG all OK. From a fresh build this OS only had MP2 installed, I did a complete MP2 and MySQL uninstall, delete and reboot prior to the MP1 1.27 install. The only thing I noticed was that after declining the LAV install (latest was already installed) the installation screen indicated I had skipped the LAV install but did not register that it was already installed.

UPDATE:- Just redid the whole thing again but this time also uninstalled the LAV filters and allowed the MP1 install to install them. Again no problems all worked good.

Last edited:

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have done a Full MP Cleanup of 1.27 and dropped the MpTvDb SQL Server database and manually removed all program and data files.

I then rebooted the machine and did a Singleseat install (taking the advanced installation option), selecting the DefaultWide HD skin and LAV filters.

Blow me down! It installed this time.

This is after several failed attempts, then installing 1.26 then upgrading to 1.27.

I'm sorry that I have not been able to reproduce the issue now. I can only assume that finally getting 1.27 installed, albeit by a roundabout route, has corrected whatever was causing the problem in the first place.

I suppose it is one to look out for in the future to try and identify the problem.

I wonder whether a previous installation isn't being fully cleaned up by the Full Cleanup operation?

Tony

Attachments

• install_1.27.000.0_2021-03-12_8-31-49.log
      3.5 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, that's certainly strange. Really haven't a clue on what kind of leftovers could cause your errors....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom