Installation Guide | Page 2

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by mickyblue, March 19, 2006.

1. cheezey

cheezey Community Plugin Dev

Technical architect
    Ratings:
    +315 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a couple of things about your great install guide....

Windows 1.6. Remote Administration software
    I (and others in the MP community) use RDP to remotely control the HTPC, it's fine so long as you don't run the MP client. I also use the Sala terminal services patch to allow multiple logons to the HTPC, this way I can do admin even when it's in use.

Windows 1.7. Network Drive Mapping
    I use UNC paths for all shared content, I create a share which is read-only to everyone, that way no drive mappings are required.

Windows 1.8. Daemon Tools
    This section looks a bit light ;)

Mediaportal 2.2. MPTray
    It might be good to link to this from the Mediaportal downloads section https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/MPTray/
    and reference the install detailed in that zip file, that way if this component ever changes you shouldn't need to update the instructions.

Mediaportal 2.3. Skins
    A link to the skins pages on the MP homepage would be good.

Mediaportal 2.4. Wallpaper
    Detail the location of the skin background file (<Skin>\Media\background.png).

Mediaportal 2.5. TV Logos
    A link to the appropriate location on the MP downloads would be good https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/EPGorTV/

Mediaportal 2.6 TV Guide Data
    A link to the WebEPG setup would be good http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalSetup_WebEPG

Cosmetic Upgrades
    I also change the windows sound scheme to "No sounds", it adds to the feeling that it's not a windows PC underneath.

Keep up the great work, more documentation is always welcome.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mickyblue

mickyblue Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand

Cheers for the tips will add them in, i realise theres multiple ways to do most things with windows etc so its always good to have alternative methods aswell,

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!