Installing BDA drivers for a Satellite Twinhan card (1 Viewer)

snoop911

November 26, 2008
I have a fully working Mytheatre setup using a (red) twinhan (1020a/102g) dvb-s card and WDM drivers (DTVAudio.sys and DTVVideo.sys). I'd like to graduate and use Media Portal, which I understand requires BDA drivers, however, I can't for the life of me install the bda drivers!

I tried the ones included in the MyTheatre setup (878BDA.sys) as well as the one from the twinhan website (v.1.2.3.8 (2006. 05)), but in both cases, when I uninstall the wda driver, the twinhan card shows up in the device manager as 2 separate entries: DTV Audio Controller and DTV Video Controller. The BDA driver, however, shows up as "DVB-TV 878 Digital Capture Driver" and "DVB-TV 878 Digital Tuner Driver"! How do these 2 models map to the DTV Audio and Video Controller hardware entries?? I've tried all the different combos and nothing seems to work... mediaportal never sees the card.. as a matter of fact, mytheatre stops working as well.

I read a post where someone says that that BDA drivers don't work with diseqc switches.. is this true? I'm using a dplnb that has internal diseqc switches. This might actually explain why twinhan's THDrvSetup.exe setup file doesn't find the card either.. perhaps bda with twinhan 1020 using dishpro lnbs is a losing battle?

Alternatively, is there a way for Mediaportal to work with WDM Drivers? I found a post saying to use the drivers THBDA.inf / THBDA.sys , but haven't been able to locate these!

Win XP SP3
Twinhan Conexant 878A chipset
DP Quad LNB

eku60

Portal Member
February 9, 2005
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello snoop911,

did you already manage your bda installation. Ihave the same card TwinHan 1020, and using bda driver 1.2.3.8 since it was published.
What System->Hardware shows is correct:

"DVB-TV 878 Digital Capture Driver" and "DVB-TV 878 Digital Tuner Driver"

Maybe it is neccesary to clean inf-dir and the registry from all that stuff that came with the wdm driver installation. Did you install all patches from Microsoft?
There were a lot and one (?) dealing with bda architecture. I'm not sure SP3 has these patches, maybe someone else can help here.

The visionDTV software will not work with bda drivers, as far as I know. But MP ore MCE2005 need bda (MCE2005 some additional software to emulate DVB-T)

After installation of the bda driver Mediaportal 0.2.2 and since it's release TVServer 1.0 found the card without any problem (watch the configuration). Also no problem tuning channels.

regards eku60
The only thing I didn't yet got running is DiseqC (LNB switching). But Atsra 19.2E is running fine.

nh9927

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
I just put a twinhan 1020a in my system last week, and the separate device manager entries threw me a bit too. I downloaded the DigitalTV 3.4 driver file from the Twinhan site (it's a ~42MB file) instead of the driver specifically for the 1020. The setup application seemed to know what to do with the hardware it found and really didn't require any input from me other than Next....Next....I Agree...Next.........

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom