[fixed] Instead of TopBar Blue Empty Bar on bottom of Screen (1 Viewer)

RiNtArO

Portal Member
May 4, 2011
You have to set <disabletopbar>true</disabletopbar> to false in the videoFullScreen.xml to enable the topbar

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You have to set <disabletopbar>true</disabletopbar> to false in the videoFullScreen.xml to enable the topbar

you have to set it to 'false' ;)

and make the same change in mytvfullscreen.xml for TV.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have been looking into fixing this problem.

If I comment out the following control in videofullscreen.xml

<control>
    <description>background image to cover above images when changing screen resolution</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>520</posX>
    <posY>635</posY>
    <width>350</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <texture>blue.png</texture>
    <visible>control.isvisible(111)+control.isVisible(10)|control.isVisible(11)|control.isVisible(12)</visible>
    </control>

then the problem is cured. I guess the question is why does this visibility condition = true when special mouse controls are enabled and the topbar is visible? The topbar does not have controls with any of these IDs.

I cannot reproduce the problem in fullscreen TV, and am not sure I could. However, mytvfullscreen.xml has a similar control.

Could someone confirm if they see this problem with TV (rather than video), and also confirm that my fix works?

Then we will look into why this is happening, because removing this control is not actually the solution.

Mark

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Instead of TopBar Blue Empty Bar on bottom of Screen

Well,this is indeed a weird one.
    Let me explain a bit why there is a blue rectangle:
    If you pause (or forward/rewind) a movie/recorded TV, then the actual state is shown in the lower OSD. If you than also change the screen resolution, the resolution text will be displayed in the same position as the pause/ffw/rew graphics. Therefore I choose to cover these graphics with a blue rectangle to show the text of the changed resolution.
    Due to the visibility <visible>control.isvisible(111)+control.isVisible(10)|control.isVisible(11)|control.isVisible(12)</visible>, the blue rectangle should only be shown when the OSD background (ID 111) is shown - so here we have a bug in skin engine: The blue rectangle should NOT show up when mouse is moved towards topbar.
    A possible solution would be to move the screen resolutiion text to the left - but this still could interfere with the pause/fwd/rew graphics if the respective text is very long in different languages.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Instead of TopBar Blue Empty Bar on bottom of Screen

Well,this is indeed a weird one.
    Let me explain a bit why there is a blue rectangle:
    If you pause (or forward/rewind) a movie/recorded TV, then the actual state is shown in the lower OSD. If you than also change the screen resolution, the resolution text will be displayed in the same position as the pause/ffw/rew graphics. Therefore I choose to cover these graphics with a blue rectangle to show the text of the changed resolution.
    Due to the visibility <visible>control.isvisible(111)+control.isVisible(10)|control.isVisible(11)|control.isVisible(12)</visible>, the blue rectangle should only be shown when the OSD background (ID 111) is shown - so here we have a bug in skin engine: The blue rectangle should NOT show up when mouse is moved towards topbar.
    A possible solution would be to move the screen resolutiion text to the left - but this still could interfere with the pause/fwd/rew graphics if the respective text is very long in different languages.

Peter,

The strange thing is that the same control is present for fullscreen TV, but I can't reproduce the bug for TV - only video.

There are other controls with similar visibility conditions, and they do not show.

Could it be that this control ID should not be used? Is there any harm in changing it to something other than zero?

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    With the visibility conditions as

control.isvisible(111)

then the blue rectangle is only visible if the mouse cursor is actually within the topbar.

Same with

control.isVisible(10)|control.isVisible(11)|control.isVisible(12)

and with the original condition of

control.isvisible(111)+control.isVisible(10)|control.isVisible(11)|control.isVisible(12)

So for some reason whenever focus is on the topbar, both sides of this are evaluated as 'true'.

Mark

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Instead of TopBar Blue Empty Bar on bottom of Screen

As I stated before, this is an issue of the skin engine itself. Maybe SE could have a look at this one ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Instead of TopBar Blue Empty Bar on bottom of Screen

As I stated before, this is an issue of the skin engine itself. Maybe SE could have a look at this one ;)

Thanks. I am guessing that the problem is in GUIVideoFullscreen.cs, but I can't see how to fix it.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    The code in guivideofullscreen.cs has

Code:
          else if (action.wID == Action.ActionType.ACTION_MOUSE_MOVE && GUIGraphicsContext.MouseSupport)
          {
            int y = (int)action.fAmount2;
            if (y > GUIGraphicsContext.Height - 100)
            {
              m_dwOSDTimeOut = DateTime.Now;
              GUIMessage msg = new GUIMessage(GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_WINDOW_INIT, _osdWindow.GetID, 0, 0, GetID, 0,
                                              null);
              _osdWindow.OnMessage(msg); // Send an init msg to the OSD
              _isOsdVisible = true;
              _showSkipBar = false;
              GUIWindowManager.VisibleOsd = Window.WINDOW_OSD;
              GUIWindowManager.IsOsdVisible = true;
            }
            else if (y < 50)
            {
              _showSkipBar = true;
              _timeStatusShowTime = (DateTime.Now.Ticks / 10000);
            }
            else
            {
              _showSkipBar = false;
            }
          }

I wonder if the '_showSkipBar = true' is enabling some controls which are then causing this condition to be true.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom