Integrate Ping Monitor function to PS++ plugin (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please test the whole installer.
    I have only my lounge htpc and my tv-server up and running. Both are on 1.60 final.
    Is there anything else in the installer that could bring instabilities to the system?
    What are the changes in the server part? Is there anything new that could make problems except the ping feature?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The installer build from the 1.7 Pre Release. Please check the changes in our release news before install it.

You need to update the client and the tvserver because of the mixed version is not supported (but can work).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not to take anything away from this, it's clearly useful for some people but in my own case, where I have my Raspberry Pi on all day, it's not much use. What would be useful to me is making PS++ reset the Windows standby timer when my RPi is playing a video, as at the moment it doesn't and so when I pause or the video ends, the PC goes to standby almost immediately, which is quite inconvenient.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

There is a parameter named Put the computer to sleep after ... minutes. You can play with that

"Here you can configure after what time the computer will be put to sleep if it is idle and nothing is preventing standby."

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks but the problem is, it seems, that this timer is reset when someone is actually using the PC but not by PS++ when a remote device is accessing files on it, even if the Network Monitor is enabled, so whilst PS++ keeps the PC awake whilst the file is being played, almost as soon as it finishes or is paused and the network activity ceases, it goes to sleep.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    It should be wait X minutes after all monitor are idle. If it does not wait, it is a bug. Please create a bug report (not here) with logs.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    It has been reported in the PS++ thread but the response has been that this is correct and how it's meant to work, so I guess we have to ask for it to be added as a feature if we want something different, hence why I thought I'd ask here when I saw your idea.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If it a design, then you can make a feature request (not here). ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom