Integrated mplayer support (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Does Mplayer support DXVA, VMR9 or exclusive DX mode? I would guess that no as it's multplatform palyer. I'm currently too lazy to Google :)

miljbee

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2005
    Orléans, France
    Home Country
    France France
    i think that if mp can be easier to use or configure, then it should !

if mpc or vlc can remove the codecs/filters part of the setup program, then : great (even if picture quality is lower) !

I don't think a user should even have to worry about codecs/filter ...

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPlayer External Player

I'm currently working on an external player plugin for MP which give you a basic integration of mplayer. It uses mplayer in it's slave mode and embeds the video window in MP like MPUI does. The main features are developed and almost working.

What it is possible and not possible with this plugin?
    - You can play video/audio files with it, if you specify the extension in the configuration of the plugin.
    - Change the audio track, display and select subtitles, if they were in the file.
    - DVD/VCD etc. are at the moment not supported
    - If other plugins like MusicVideo play the streams by using the playAudioStream/playVideoStream method, they can't use this plugin, because MP always use it's own player.

Currently I don't know how to mix the mplayer video with the OSD of MP. Therefor this plugin uses the OSD of mplayer.

When I have finished the bugfixing, created a better and individual configuration and perhaps a small GUI Plugin, which give you the possibility to play Video-/Audiostreams etc., I will release it and make a post in the "Plugins" section of this forum.

Greetings
    MisterD

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I would agree to that mPlayer would be great, works without a hitch on xbmc, and should do the same on the pc, VLC is so pooor picture quality - thats why i never use it - unless i really must.. VLC on my crt would be like composite cable instead of RGB :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom