Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Using the latest SVN and the latest MPC-HC subtitle plugin shown a few posts above this one I have a strange error.
    Sometimes I download external subs in SRT-format and use these in Mediaportal when no sub was included in the original file. However when playing the file (720p/1080p MKVs) the subtitle delay gradually keeps changing. When synched at one moment it slowly goes out of synch when playing the file. Changing the delay only works for a second and then again gradually the sub goes out of synch with the movie again.
    Am I the only one who has this problem?

Does this happen on an outside player like VLC? SRTs can easily be fixed by just adjusting the timecodes on segments that are out of sync with the video. Just use notepad.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Using the latest SVN and the latest MPC-HC subtitle plugin shown a few posts above this one I have a strange error.
    Sometimes I download external subs in SRT-format and use these in Mediaportal when no sub was included in the original file. However when playing the file (720p/1080p MKVs) the subtitle delay gradually keeps changing. When synched at one moment it slowly goes out of synch when playing the file. Changing the delay only works for a second and then again gradually the sub goes out of synch with the movie again.
    Am I the only one who has this problem?

I think I've seen this too. But I can't confirm that the original .srt has the correct frame rate and I haven't tested the subtitle in another player so but next time I see it, I'll check.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have seen things like this as well.
    Could this be related to the speed up effect of pal systems?? If a movie is played on an pal(50hz) system, the movie needs to be sped up. Here is a link for the details about that.

PAL Speedup: Examples

Ofcourse, the thing which is described there, is bypassed with Automatic (dynamic) Refreshrate Changer, which is also included in the current SVN.
    Or are subtitle timestamps linked to the frame numbers?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The attached file contains a recording from DR1 via DVB-T. No subtitles are displayed!

Others, please try to reproduce the issue reported with DVB subtitles. We cannot integrate this feature into SVN when there are known issues with existing features. So testing is for your own good, even if you don't normally use DVB subtitles :p

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    The attached file contains a recording from DR1 via DVB-T. No subtitles are displayed!

Others, please try to reproduce the issue reported with DVB subtitles. We cannot integrate this feature into SVN when there are known issues with existing features. So testing is for your own good, even if you don't normally use DVB subtitles :p

DVB-Subtitle works in VLC, but not with MP 1.0 stable (but "dan" is shown in subtitle menu). So I think it is not related to the MPC-HC subtitle plugin.

focal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

DVB-Subtitle works in VLC, but not with MP 1.0 stable (but "dan" is shown in subtitle menu). So I think it is not related to the MPC-HC subtitle plugin.

I have used MP 1.0 stable for a while, and I had no problems with DVB subtitles in that release. The same goes for the newest release of the "normal" MP test build. The problem appear if I install the newest version of Disasters MP Release (which includes the MPC-HC subtitle engine)

/focal

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Disasters MP Release is a custom build so it is not supported here. Try to use latest official SVN, test then an when it works try the latest patch in this thread to see where the problem resides.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Muddying the waters with unsupported custom builds is not cool. If you have problems using the Disaster custom build, then you must report any problems in Disaster's own thread. Only report problems here if you are using the official releases and svns + this patch.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I tried the video clip. I can't get the danish subs to work at all in any player with or without vsfilter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom