Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    HI...
    BTW.. now that 1.0.1 is delayed.. try to add MPC-HC+Subtitles integration with DXA... (in version 1.0.1)
    The MPC-HC integration is working great on two computers for more that 2 weeks.. no problem at all..

You know to ask is free :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean and I agree with you. Although I guess the devs are not going to do it. The faster zapping function from ambass which has been added to 1.01 (current svns) is giving a lot of issues here and there. Or gave issues, I dont know. So I guess they might be feeling not so willing to put in a new feature/function again.

Actually the reason why the faster zapping changes were introduced in 1.0.1 was that they were fixing numerous bugs as well. It just sounds more sexy to call "fast zapping" :p

What comes to completely new features, those have been definitely no-go for a long time already.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI...
    BTW.. now that 1.0.1 is delayed.. try to add MPC-HC+Subtitles integration with DXA... (in version 1.0.1)
    The MPC-HC integration is working great on two computers for more that 2 weeks.. no problem at all..

You know to ask is free :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean and I agree with you. Although I guess the devs are not going to do it. The faster zapping function from ambass which has been added to 1.01 (current svns) is giving a lot of issues here and there. Or gave issues, I dont know. So I guess they might be feeling not so willing to put in a new feature/function again.

Actually the reason why the faster zapping changes were introduced in 1.0.1 was that they were fixing numerous bugs as well. It just sounds more sexy to call "fast zapping" :p

What comes to completely new features, those have been definitely no-go for a long time already.

Yes zapping was a big issue and you made a good decition introducing the changes... we can wait no problem. but why not wait another month and introduce MPC-HC ? if you make a poll I'm sure most people will vote to YES.. Let's wait and have this good solution for all the people watching english series with subtitles :)

You know ask is free :)

anyway, Good job team :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If we make a public poll for any requested feature, and follow every decision made by the community members, then my guess is that 1.0.1 will arrive somewhere between Christmas and never :).

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes yes. I agree. That doenst benifit us at all. I know. :)
    It will be fast enough anyways. maybe the first SVN release after 1.01 could already contain this subtitle engine already... If so, its well worth the wait I think.

In the mean time, we have time to perfect it so it doesnt project subtitles over menu's, information screens etc... :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    In the mean time, we have time to perfect it so it doesnt project subtitles over menu's, information screens etc... :D

Few reasons why it wouldn't enter the SVN even if no feature freeze were announced :p But after those open issues are solved it will be added to SVN pretty soon after 1.0.1 is released.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    If we make a public poll for any requested feature, and follow every decision made by the community members, then my guess is that 1.0.1 will arrive somewhere between Christmas and never :).

I completly agree with you, It was just a joke..

Actualy I think that the changes on the direction of the proyect 1 year ago, making a list of "to do for ver xxx" and feature frease has made 1.0 make the product that is usable.. Before that decition we where on 0.2.3 adding and adding features without limit. Now this is the way to do, close features, test then and shipit..

I agree with the team the way they are doing.--- Just only one point, I have lose some interest on the proyect because before I was checking everyday svn, compiling, testing and reporting, (helping to fix some bugs, etc) "I WAS FEALING LIKE PART OF THE TEAM" now I can just test a new "fix" after a week or so, because SVN builds are comming slow, and if I report a bug I can not test the fix until next SVN (maybe 2 weeks later)

I do also understan that SVN sourceforce server access is slow. But... is a evidence that my interest is lossing as developer every week and now I'm more a user.

Iosu

remcoof

Portal Member
    December 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    mkv and wmv

First of all i want to thank cpp2005 for developing this new feature and everyone else who is involved in this project by testing, compiling etc... It works great!

Yes, there is a but.....

Maybe it's already answered but I didn't find the answer in this topic, but is there also support for WMV files.

Because, if i play a WMV file (720p or 1080p) in MPC HC, both of MKV and WMV files are hardware accelerated (~5-20%). If i play them in MP then only the MKV file is hardware accelerated.

So my question is, is WMV supported with this intergration of MPC HC subtitle engine? The codec that is used in the WMV file is WVC1.

Thanks in advance for the info and of course the good work to make this hapen.

Greets,

Remco

My HTPC specs are:
    Case: Antec Fusion v2 Black 430W
    MB: Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H rev. 1.0
    MediaPortal 1.0 | svn 21864 and followed the guide for SAF.

krzysior

Portal Member
    December 10, 2008
    @ remcoof
    I have the same problem...
    It happens because mediaportal load unconditionally microsoft wmv/vc1 video decoder when you are playing files
    with .wmv extention, but unfortunatelly this decoder doesn't work with vc1 using dxva.
    I think that there should be an option in configuration to choose decoder for this type of files..., or better decoder load should be based on system dshow filter merits. Now i have to comment line in source code which is resposible of this behaviour and of course recompile it...
    Maybe developers could look at this issue in near future ;)

remcoof

Portal Member
    December 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Subtitle in front of info menu

I discoverd that the subtitles (external srt file) are at top of the info menu when playing a .avi file (from TV Series). This isn't the problem when playing a DVD or HD video file.

So if cp2005 could look at that for his next release, that would be great!

Or if it's already solved, what am i doing wrong? Maybe a configuration setting?

Greetz!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom