Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

venares

Portal Member
November 7, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
divx is just the container.
Aslong as the subs are ass/ssa or srt they should work fine.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Pretoriano, is it possible to stop the subtitles Pre-Buffering?
    Its a minor anoyance but a have a few shows where they have soft subbed karaoke and it doesnt work right with pre-buffering on.
    Currently it's not possible. It's a kind of advanced option that most users should not change, so may be it should be added to an advanced settings or something like that, along with other options that available in MPC.

phate89 said:
    i know taht the .divx file is the container..but the .divx container supports only the xsub subtitles
    DivX xsub subtitles are not supported - they are not part of DirectVobsub/MPC-HC code.

venares

Portal Member
    November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks CP, as I said its a very minor thing, more of a would be nice.
    But if it could be implimented as a check box or somthing in the advanced settings that would be great.

phate89

Portal Member
    February 9, 2009
    Pretoriano, is it possible to stop the subtitles Pre-Buffering?
    Its a minor anoyance but a have a few shows where they have soft subbed karaoke and it doesnt work right with pre-buffering on.
    Currently it's not possible. It's a kind of advanced option that most users should not change, so may be it should be added to an advanced settings or something like that, along with other options that available in MPC.

phate89 said:
    i know taht the .divx file is the container..but the .divx container supports only the xsub subtitles
    DivX xsub subtitles are not supported - they are not part of DirectVobsub/MPC-HC code.

and so there's not a way to implement it until mpc implements it?

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    so there's not a way to implement it until mpc implements it?
    There is always a way :) If you know another open-source player that supports xsub subtitles, I can check it.

phate89

Portal Member
    February 9, 2009
    so there's not a way to implement it until mpc implements it?
    There is always a way :) If you know another open-source player that supports xsub subtitles, I can check it.

the only player i know who supports this subs is divx player and it isnt opensource..i'll search one..but it's a different type of subs if i understand well..they're a series of png images..

no players supports it because it's inuseful..it is used only by ps3 and official divx home theater player..here's 2 methods to implements it..maybe can help you to find a solution..but it's hard because it's a private format:
    AVIAddXSubs v8.3
    DivX Media subtitle creation (xsub) - Doom9's Forum

edit:
    l'unico modo che ho trovato per riprodurli negli altri player è questo:
    - Il CCCP ha i decoder vecchi perciò non riesce a leggere i DXSB
    - Per il K-Lite devo scaricare la versione Mega e configurarla (Guardando su Google si trova come fare)
    - Una volta configurato scarico il codec dal sito Divx.com installando SOLO il codec...niente player, web player o converter
    - Installato il codec DivX, aprendo un file con sottotitoli DXSB (Detti anche XSUB, visto che su google dxsb dava poche risposte), anche con Media Player Classic, apparirà il messaggio dalla Trayicon del Divx che il file ha contenuti Divx...selezionando il primo sottotitolo si potranno vedere

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I still have the problem that your modification does not load the embedded fonts within several MKV-files I tried (Anime-Fansubs like "Clannad" from Eclipse for example). With MPC Cinema everything runs fine, and DirectVobSub itself runs also fine.

OK I updated mpcSubs_dll.zip from my first post to fix this (only mpcSubs.dll was changed).

Pretoriano
    I think you attached old version of both mediaportal and mpcSubs.dll. The files are from 22/3/08.
    Can you check it?

cpp2005, there's a new problem after these changes, when having "Override user defined style" checked. It does indeed override ASS subtitle fonts but it uses some default font instead of the selected font in MediaPortal Configuration. Even external .srt subtitles is displayed in the wrong font.

I switched back to the "mpc-hc_subs_bin _based on SVN 22029" from 03-22 and it does work normally again (but with the subtitles on top of the OSD of course :))

Btw I think calling the checkbox "Override user defined style" could cause some confusion. I mean the user defines the style right next to this checkbox. Why would he want to override it? Perhaps it should be labeled "Apply to all subtitle formats" or "Also use for SubStation Alpha subtitles" or something similar. :D

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Right, sorry. I did a quick fix in the first post (cannot test it right now)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Works great with all the files I've tested, internal and external subs. idx/sub on one serie were kinda large and in the center of the screen compared to other subs, but I don't remember what they were before so can't say if it's different then vsfilter. Don't even know if a intel x3100 supports dxva, but hey ... it's one less codec to install :)

Is it possible to keep update the starting post with newest versions? I've hopped through this thread before and the starting post with the part on compiling your own mediaportal code kinda freaked me out so I left it for what is was at that time. Later I was still curious and then I found the compiled binaries on page 27 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom