Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    also i am searching for solution to load 2 different srt files. with the integration of mpc subtitles i can do it when i enable from postprossecing the directvob put then i loose hardware accelaration.for sure now everyone will wonder why to want to load 2 srt files.the problem is that my wife speak different language than me and i want a solution without breaking the HA.maybe cpp2005 can help me to make a customized version of this patch to have the options to load 2 srts and able to control the position of them separate for exaple one srt on the top of the screen and the second srt on the bottom.is this possible to happen i will aprisiate it so much.

Is there a way to point the MPC-HC subtitles engine to specific folder where my .srt files are stored?
    I rather not have all the .srt files in the same folder as my video files. With ffdshow it is possible to lookup the .srt file in a predefined folder.
    Currently it is hard-coded to be c:\subtitles

I believe there's your answer, store one .srt in c:\subtitles and one next to your movie. Guess is should work. IF the engine let's you choose between the two, try and find out.

TheBiGW

Portal Member
    October 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a way to force subtitles to 'off', or to only enable subtitles when the main audio track is NOT english? Otherwise I end up with subtitles enabled on lots of movies when they don't need to be.

Seb120

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi everybody and thanks for all.

I have a little problem : everything work fine but i can't "autosave modified subtitles".
    When i change the delay interval in a movie everything is fine i can resync subs. But the next time i read the movie the subtitles stay as before the change.
    Most of the time my subs are .srt or .ass separe file. And sometime into a mkv file.

I choose MPC-HC as subtitles engine
    I check the "always" box in the autosave config menu.
    I use mediaportal 1.1.0.0 beta (1.0.4.23491 SVN)
    I use streamed MP 0.9.601 skin
    I use the internal Mediaportal video player.
    I have MPC-HC 1.3.1249.0 player install on my PC
    I use CoreAVC 1.9.5 for H.264
    My video render is EVR
    My OS is Windows Vista 32bit updated

I need to install something for use it or it is already in the 1.1.0.0 beta MP release ?

Thanks and sorry for my english

Now it work fine. I don't know why

teapa

May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, I installed the MPC-HC subtitle's engine and everything works...but because I can not turn the subs off I want to take it out (disable it).

How do I disable, turn off, unninstall the MPC-HC subtitle's engine?
    thks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, I installed the MPC-HC subtitle's engine and everything works...but because I can not turn the subs off I want to take it out (disable it).

How do I disable, turn off, unninstall the MPC-HC subtitle's engine?
    thks

MP Config (Advanced Mode) -> Videos -> Subtitles -> Select subtitles engine -> Choose 'disabled'

(or) Press L button while video is fullscreen to toggle subtitles

jazzysmooth

April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a way to force subtitles to 'off', or to only enable subtitles when the main audio track is NOT english? Otherwise I end up with subtitles enabled on lots of movies when they don't need to be.

Using the 1.1 build, I found that if you uncheck Autoload subtitles under MP Configuration, Videos, Subtitle tab they are still able to be turned on while the movie is playing, but they won't show by default. I'm using the MPC-HC engine option.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    I have one problem with the MPC-HC subtitle engine. If you have a MKV with more than one subtitle track and with different formats (track 1: SRT, track 2: IDX) and that does have no track names (empty track names in mkvmerge, only the track-language is set), after changing to the second track, there are no subtitles displayed (or just a few and then it is not working anymore) after changing the subtitle track with the remote.

Directvobsub is working well. But with Directvobsub I loose DXVA. That just seems to be tiny problem. Could someone look into this?

One interesting thing: The same problem exists with the latest version of Mediaplayer Classic Cinema! After changing the subtitle track, the subtitles are not displayed anymore! (Track 1: SRT, Track 2: IDX).

Attachments

• subtitle-track.png
      subtitle-track.png
      60.8 KB

TheBiGW

Portal Member
    October 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Using the 1.1 build, I found that if you uncheck Autoload subtitles under MP Configuration, Videos, Subtitle tab they are still able to be turned on while the movie is playing, but they won't show by default. I'm using the MPC-HC engine option.

Thanks for the tip - will check this out!

eramic

Portal Member
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi CPP2005 an other members,

I have question maybe its dumb for you but really I do not know how to install MPC-HC subtitle's engine in Media Portal. I found this as very usefull features since its not breking up DXVA. So my question is what do I need to do to make it work. There are too many files in the game (mpc-hc_subs_Src.zip, mp_Src.zip, MPC subs engine - Binaries for MP 1.0.2.rar). My goal is just to activate this so i can have subtitles in Media Portal. And another thing, after installation (that somebody will explain to me:) does subtitles load automaticaly if its in same folder with AVI file with same name.

Kind regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom