Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

pixies

May 4, 2010
Home Country
Israel Israel
Did anyone get subtitle position to work? I'm not sure it's working. I placed the subtitle in button acording to gui settings, but subtitles are normal when playing a movie.
Hi everybody. Are there any news with the ability for subtitle positioning with the MPC-HC subtitle engine? If it is too complicated to do it with the Screen Calibration GUI, an xml/registry hack will also be fine. ;)

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am also very interested in subtitle positioning, it's great to be able to place the subs in the black space below a 2.35:1 movie :)

djphatic

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So, I can see some problems in MPC-HC subtitle engine in Portal with mkv also.
I think, that "Autoload subtitles" flag must affect ONLY:
- external subs (like *.srt);
- internal subs in ts & m2ts.
But NOT for mkv files!

What you suggest sounds about right, there is definately something not right mpc-hc subtitle engine and .mkv within MediaPortal.

I am currently using ffdshow DXVA, the ffdshow icon in the tray shows the subtitle streams when I play a video file and if I change the subtitle stream within MediaPortal it is also reflected on the tray icon. A few things I have found whilst playing around:

- playing any video file other than .mkv with MPC-HC subtitle engine I can cycle through the subtitle steams using the yellow button on my MCE remote. All the subtitle streams show in ffdshow DXVA tray icon and if I change the subtitle track this is shown in the tray icon. Though if I do a complete cycle, for example when the video first plays it will be on track 1 english and I cycle all way through and back to english, the subtitles will go off and I cannot get them back on again unless I exit the video and load it up again.

- subtitles are not picked up with .mkv, I cannot cycle through using the yellow button on my remote and no subtitle streams are shown in the ffdshow DXVA tray icon. I have tried the same file outside of MediaPortal in MPC-HC and there is no issues.

- if i disable subtitles within MediaPortal and play a .mkv video then the subtitle stream is detected in ffdshow DXVA tray icon and I can enable the subtitle via the tray icon, though I am unable to cycle through subtitle stream options with the yellow button as the MPC-HC subtitle engine is now disabled.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2.

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    ok so i replaced the dll file and no subtitles with my mkv files it works with dvds though. the only change with the dll is that the pop up subtitle window doesnt show up anymore...

djphatic

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok so i replaced the dll file and no subtitles with my mkv files it works with dvds though. the only change with the dll is that the pop up subtitle window doesnt show up anymore...

When you say pop-up, do you at the bottom of the screen when changing between subtitles it will say, for example "English 1/5"?

Works fine on my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom