Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
@ akiaki:
Do you use the profiles from ATI CCC to change refresh rate or just MP without .bat file?

akiaki

Portal Pro
September 15, 2008
Zagreb
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
@ akiaki:
Do you use the profiles from ATI CCC to change refresh rate or just MP without .bat file?

I am using just the MP. I don't see any reason to use any bat file except if you have to change resolution (note: to get 24hz if supported, you have to run full HD output resolution 1920x1080). I just run 1920x1080 resolution all the time and let MP change the refresh rate. Never fails.

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
I just redid my HTPC & everything's okay, except for subs. I can't for the life of me remember how I got subs working before. I installed 1.0.2 & SAF.
Is the easiest way to get subs working to install 1.1 Beta? Will I be able to use the yellow button to switch between the subs?

Thanks & Happy New Year!

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I just redid my HTPC & everything's okay, except for subs. I can't for the life of me remember how I got subs working before. I installed 1.0.2 & SAF.
Is the easiest way to get subs working to install 1.1 Beta? Will I be able to use the yellow button to switch between the subs?

Thanks & Happy New Year!
I used VobSub Filter (is it in SAF..?) with 1.0.2 and never had any problems with subs. If I rememember right there were 'Show subtitles' in the configuration and I forced VSFilter to load by putting it in to the movie post prosessing section (& set filter setting 'always load').
And yes, It was possible to use the yellow button to switch subs :)

Now I have unregistered that good served VSFilter and use this MPC-HC engine for many reasons.

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
@ akiaki:
well, I need to use CCC bat files as after normal refresh rate change the overscan in CCC always changes to some value different than 0%. Is there another way that ATI CCC stays with 0% overscan when changing refresh rate in MP?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I try today to setup MPC-HC subtitle inside MP 1.0.4.24553 Last SVN (before i use VSFILTER but with it DXVA is disable) and it work good with .MKV and .SRT in DXVA mode with MPC-VIDEO Codec.
    But i have an issue with subtitle integrated inside .MKV, i can't select it and i can't see if we have subtitle in MKV.
    I use MPC-MATROSKA Splitter.

If i use Haali splitter it works but i don't want to use Haali because have an issue on MKV with HD audio for bitstreaming.

So my question is, is it normal that i can't use embeded subtitle inside mkv with MPC-MASTROSKA ? (external sub works great).

I've try with MPC-HC and if worked in EVR custom. Internat and external sub.

Thx for all,
    Seb.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Did anyone get subtitle position to work? I'm not sure it's working. I placed the subtitle in button acording to gui settings, but subtitles are normal when playing a movie.

DMD

Portal Member
    January 9, 2007
    Vicenza
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Bluray: Problem with forced subtitles

I ask for help to solve this problem.
    forced subtitles are those subtitles that appear when a scene requires it and then disappear. This subtitle, other than permanent, turn on the actors speak a language other than the one selected, or when it is always a sign written in different languages.

In the case of film Angels and Demons (Italian version) in the opening scene (from 3.54 to 4.40 minutes) is spoken French language losing part of the meaning of the scenes, this is a very important fact for the understanding of a film.

This is the example of Bluray Angels and Demons seen with PowerDVD9 in Italian

Wonder if you can resolve this problem with some setting or codec would be a major step forward for this great player to play Bluray, but should be complete for the navigation of the menu, but I think this is still possible for a matter of licensing.

Thank

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does anyone else have this kind of random artefacts in the subtitles?

Attachments

• 11-07-48.png
      11-07-48.png
      184.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom