Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have got some problems with PGS subs in m2ts-files discussed strating from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...er-matroska-mpeg-78177/index3.html#post591959

Can anybody explain step-by-step what to do to make Gabest splitter (MpegSplitter.ax) show PGS-subs in m2ts-files kept in BDMV/STREAM folders?

I did the following:
    - registered the freshest MpegSplitter.ax,
    - added a Registry key "HKCR\Media Type\Extensions\.m2ts" with parameter Source filter = {1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}.

So, Portal uses Gabest splitter to open m2ts-files (it can be seen by GraphEdit), and PGS-subs are also shown.
    But, they can be shown only ONCE:
    - I open some m2ts-file with 2 embedded PGS-subs (English & Spanish)
    - the 1st subs are shown (with message "English (1/2)")
    - I switch to the next subs - then the 2nd subs are shown (with message "Spanish (2/2)")
    - I again switch subs - then subs are OFF (with message "Subtitles off")
    - So, seems so far everything OK
    - I again switch subs - it is written on screen "English (1/2)" but no subs

I checked appr. 20 m2ts-videos in BDMV folders in MyVideos standard plugin:
    a) if movie contains ONE subs, it works fine: subs are ON/OFF - either by pressing "L" button or by choose an apropriate context menu
    b) if movie contains TWO or MORE subs (for example, 3):
    - switching from NONE->1->2->3->NONE works OK - except long delay between "moment_of_command" and "moment_of_actual_change";
    - but then it doesn't work at all - only appropriate messages like "Spanish (2/3)" are displayed;
    - if I select OFF in subtitle menu, then I select some subs - now they can be shown (as it was mentioned above by some other user).

P.S. In MPC-HC any subs are displayed ALWAYS proprely; of course, I use Gabest splitter there.
    P.P.S. Yesterday I also checked in MovingPictures - same NEGATIVE results (described above).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It looks like the Matroska splitter has some issues with subtitles in .m2ts files.
    Only way for me to get it working is to FIRST turn subtitles OFF, and then select the desired subtitle. That's the only way it works for me with the internal player of MP.
    Therefore i'm still using PDVD10 as an external player for BluRay till this splitter issue is fixed ;)

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    HomeY said:
    It looks like the Matroska splitter has some issues with subtitles in .m2ts files.
    I am not saying about Matroska splitter - only about Gabest MpegSplitter.
    HomeY said:
    Only way for me to get it working is to FIRST turn subtitles OFF, and then select the desired subtitle. That's the only way it works for me with the internal player of MP.
    You are right, it works fine in this way.
    I could agree that this can be a spliter issue but how can you comment this:
    Let's imagine how it works in MPC-HC:
    a) m2ts container is opened by splitter (assume, Gabest),
    b) then video & decoders are dispatched to appropriate decoders,
    so far we can expect in Portal the same behaviour if we register in Portal same filters (means "select same decoders in Configuration" + "register Gabest splitter for m2ts in Registry").
    c) subtitle streams are also dispatched to the appropriate decoder.
    In Configuration we can select "MPC-HC subtitles engine" - so I think that this engine (which supposed to be the same as in MPC-HC) is incorporated inproperly !!!!!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am not saying about Matroska splitter - only about Gabest MpegSplitter.

My bad, that's what i meant ;)

I could agree that this can be a spliter issue but how can you comment this:
    Let's imagine how it works in MPC-HC:
    a) m2ts container is opened by splitter (assume, Gabest),
    b) then video & decoders are dispatched to appropriate decoders,
    so far we can expect in Portal the same behaviour if we register in Portal same filters (means "select same decoders in Configuration" + "register Gabest splitter for m2ts in Registry").
    c) subtitle streams are also dispatched to the appropriate decoder.
    In Configuration we can select "MPC-HC subtitles engine" - so I think that this engine (which supposed to be the same as in MPC-HC) is incorporated inproperly !!!!!

Now that's a good question... I now Sebastiii is looking into this and he also mentioned MPC splitter issues. And since the PDVD Cinema Mode integrates very nicely into MediaPortal, that's why i kinda gave up for now and still using an external player.

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Now that's a good question... I now Sebastiii is looking into this and he also mentioned MPC splitter issues. And since the PDVD Cinema Mode integrates very nicely into MediaPortal, that's why i kinda gave up for now and still using an external player.
    Could you explain or give a link to PDVD Cinema Mode integration?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have make this test too, i have set Autoload (in Portal config) to OFF (unchecked) and on sample that i must go to OFF First for make it work, it's working directly when i select Sub.
    On my test too, in MPC-HC, the sub by default is OFF at starting, so i have the same answer that i have in Portal.
    I think it's a splitter issue on MPC Gabest Source MPEG.
    I go to try if i can select default SUB in MPC-HC player (like French) to see if at start the sub appear, if not, it's a splitter issue (99% sure lol).
    Thanks,
    Seb.

Ps : if i select a defaut sub in Portal config with autoload enable, i must set twice OFF and select after the right sub for appear.

I think but i'm not sure, is to use it in MOVPICS, we have to setup it in configuration (Advanced of Moving Pictures).

link : Configuring_Bluray_and_HDDVD_playback

:)
    Seb.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I think but i'm not sure, is to use it in MOVPICS, we have to setup it in configuration (Advanced of Moving Pictures).

link : Configuring_Bluray_and_HDDVD_playback

:)
    Seb.

Indeed the setup through MovingPictures plugin, but instead of selecting PDVD.exe you should select the PowerDVDCinema.exe which is in the 'PowerDVD Cinema' folder.

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    I have make this test too, i have set Autoload (in Portal config) to OFF (unchecked) and on sample that i must go to OFF First for make it work, it's working directly when i select Sub.
    Imagine, we are discussing mkv files.
    In mkv for each subs we can select one of 2 flags:
    - either these subs are ON by default (only ONE subs in file can be ON),
    - or these subs are OFF (if all the subs are OFF - none of them are displayed by default but still can be switched ON manually in a player).
    Basically in my collection all the movies have subs OFF; just some movies have some subs ON initially (for example, "District 9" has subs for Aliens' speeches initially toggled ON). And in MPC-HC with Haali Matroska splitter it works properly.
    When I use Gabest MatroskaSplitter in MPC-HC (embedded) instead of External Haali Matroska Splitter, these flags are processed inproperly: some subs (assume, the first subs) are always shown initially regardless of flag.

Next, in Portal I am using Haali. But with "Autoload subtitles = ON" some subs (again assume. the first subs) are always shown initially regardless of flag. This is a wrong behaviour - so, I toggled off that "Autoload subtitles" to OFF.

So, I can see some problems in MPC-HC subtitle engine in Portal with mkv also.
    I think, that "Autoload subtitles" flag must affect ONLY:
    - external subs (like *.srt);
    - internal subs in ts & m2ts.
    But NOT for mkv files!

Yes, if we decide to use external players like PowerDVD or MPC-HC we can simply close this forum :). But I am interested in the internal Portal player.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Rivera, fur sure if we use external player no need to discuss about that :)
    I want use internal player too.

Nyt have made a patch to select the correct sub in MP with .m2ts because the name of outpin of MPG Splitter it's not correct for the right selection.

I think it's the issue that you talk, but like MP is in Future Freeze, this addon (patch) must be tested and surely added in MP 1.1 Final.

So i didn't if you compil the version of MP yourself, but for me it's works, but i don't know if it's the same 100% issue.

Cheers,
    Seb.

Edit 2010/04/05 : The patch by nyt is to rename the title for audio stream, with that the default language is selected. But for sub the name is already done by default with of course the patch made by cpp2005.

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Nyt have made a patch to select the correct sub in MP with .m2ts because the name of outpin of MPG Splitter it's not correct for the right selection.

I think it's the issue that you talk, but like MP is in Future Freeze, this addon (patch) must be tested and surely added in MP 1.1 Final.
    Dear Seb, could you give me a link to this solution, I will try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom