[Rejected] Integration with FFDShow (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    It depends of splitter you use, for MPC Matroska (.mkv) the splitter output each audio that have in the MKV, so you have to use FFDShow Audio Stream Switcher option and MP handle it really good.
    The splitter for .m2ts works like in Haali works and he output only one output, the selection is made in Splitter with IAMStreamSelect and MP handle it too :).
    So you think MP can switch from audiostream inside container (film.mkv) to separate audio file (film.ac3). It will be great if is it so. Can you post settings?
    I can't find any info that FFDShow Audio Stream Switcher or IAMStreamSelect interface can make this. i think it is player function not splitter. MP team will not add this feature cause they only fix bugs before final version so i think maybe guys from FFDShow projact can make this :rolleyes:

red_zebra

Portal Pro
    September 1, 2009
    Leipzig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is really good to have implemented some FFDshow-configurations in Mediaportal directly. But could it be also possible to implement a context menu point which is defining the output format? My problem is, that I use TV-speakers and AVR similiarly, so I have always change in FFDshow configuration between 2-channel-downmixing and full-5.1-passthrough. If this configuration could be implemented in a Mediaportal-context-menu, this would really really great!

crazyfool

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Would it possible to incorporate some of the audio processing ffdshow has such as being able to change the audio delay from the context menu?

albain

Portal Member
    December 19, 2006
    Paris
    Home Country
    France France
    Everything is possible now, like I said all the settings (live or saved) can be read or modified through the .net interfaces

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    The patch will not be added before team accept it.
    But we can build release with it :)
    For now the patch (not updated now in first post) will near 100% working all on all configuration :)
    Cheers,
    Seb.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Albain, I have requested our C# side devs to review the patch (I'm too bad at C# :)). Just to inform you that this patch is not forgotten on our side.

albain

Portal Member
    December 19, 2006
    Paris
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Tourettes,

thanks for your interest

Damien
    :D

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Albain,

I did review your patch and it looks good. Sebastii pointed me out a small issue with it when you have ffdshow configured as subtitle engine in MP but you have disabled some codecs in ffdshow itself.

I found a clean way to fix it ( and will fix similar issues with other sub engine as well ).

This is the extract of the change in Play() func:

Code:
            string tmpstr;
            ISubEngine engine = SubEngine.GetInstance();
            if (!engine.LoadSubtitles(graphBuilder, m_strCurrentFile))
            {
              tmpstr = engine.ToString().Substring(engine.ToString().LastIndexOf(".") + 1);
              Log.Error("VideoPlayerVMR7: {0} subtitle configured in MP but misconfigured, disabled!", tmpstr);
              SubEngine.engine = new SubEngine.DummyEngine();
            }

IPostProcessingEngine postengine = PostProcessingEngine.GetInstance();
            if (!postengine.LoadPostProcessing(graphBuilder))
            {
              tmpstr = postengine.ToString().Substring(postengine.ToString().LastIndexOf(".") + 1);
              Log.Error("VideoPlayerVMR7: {0} postprocessing configured in MP but misconfigured!", tmpstr);
            }

Log will looks like this:

2010-06-11 01:50:35.936954 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: VideoPlayerVMR7: FFDShowEngine subtitle configured in MP but misconfigured, disabled!
    2010-06-11 01:50:35.938955 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: VideoPlayerVMR7: FFDShowEngine postprocessing configured in MP but misconfigured!

I think there still is a small glitch: when you enable and disable some ffdshow components while MP is active, but as this is not a normal user case I don't think we should worry about it too much...

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom