[Rejected] Integration with FFDShow (1 Viewer)

albain

Portal Member
December 19, 2006
Paris
Home Country
France France
Hi,

editions management is not a mediaportal matter but ffdshow's first.

FFDShow does not handle multiple video tracks. On Haali the switching is not done by pins unlike mpc so this is easier to implement but the solution developed for mediaportal integration is based on the fact that ffdshow centralizes the streams switching.
So there is some work on ffdshow

*EDIT* Actually this was easier to implement than expected. Editions are in group 18 and are now implemented in IAMStreamSelect interface and in FFDShow context menu

For now my priority and focus is to have a stabilized version of the patch and a first release in the repository

chemelli : no problem, I can remove it. What is the next step ?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @chemelli : no problem, I can remove it. What is the next step ?

I would provide only changed bins and add some log lines in all of them with something like:

* Albain custom builds for ffdshow intergration tests *

Simone

EDIT: Would be nice if you provide an update .patch as well for those interested, like me :p

albain

Portal Member
    December 19, 2006
    Paris
    Home Country
    France France
    Okay, I uploaded an updated patch inside my first post

Next time I'll will add some details about my modifications

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

editions management is not a mediaportal matter but ffdshow's first.

FFDShow does not handle multiple video tracks. On Haali the switching is not done by pins unlike mpc so this is easier to implement but the solution developed for mediaportal integration is based on the fact that ffdshow centralizes the streams switching.
    So there is some work on ffdshow

*EDIT* Actually this was easier to implement than expected. Editions are in group 18 and are now implemented in IAMStreamSelect interface and in FFDShow context menu

For now my priority and focus is to have a stabilized version of the patch and a first release in the repository

@chemelli : no problem, I can remove it. What is the next step ?

First of all, thanks for explaining sounds great. Does it need a new ffdshow version? Or just the new patch you released here?
    :D

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi we need last FFDshow 3391 and the patch :)
    Seb.

EDIT: Yes, 3491 is the one, i made a mistake lol and we have to have haali splitter.
    And one thing left to fix with video stream switch.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I post last patch but must be verified by Albain and Simone.
    In it has some feature like :

1- Edition Menu (F9) works only with Haali (Hope the MPC Matroska can add fonction into his splitter).

2- Possibility to play external Audio File (.ac3/.dts/.mka/.mp3) if it's present in directory that match the name of the movie + language. (Works best with MPC Matroska Splitter)
    Ex : movie.mkv MePo can read movie.ac3 movie.english.ac3.

MP Audio switcher parse wrong pdwgroup, so in the patch, pdwgroup is corrected and so it can detect Audio stream and not has video stream.
    Albain work on stream switcher part of FFDshow audio because with external files i have some strange issue.

But if you want to try with MP Audio Switcher, we have just to disable Stream Switcher Option from FFDShow Audio and add in "Mediaportal Audio Switcher" in Video Post Processing option in Videos of MePo configuration.

Cheers,
    Sebastiii.

Edit: : 2010.07.12 : Some correction and add quote :)
    Edit: : 2010.07.18 : Change display Menu Chapter in Menu F9 works only when no FFDshow Video is in Graph for now.
    Edit: : 2010.07.21 : Change CultureInfo selectsubtitle (something strange when OS Language = Skin Language when use MPC Mpeg Splitter).
    Edit: : 2010.07.24 : Change code about language and trackname for audio language. Need to test but it seems ok, thx MovPic team :)
    Edit: : 2010.07.27 : Made a lot of fix and hope that it works for tester.
    Manage to show up Language [Trackname] for subtitle and audio part for FFDshow and MPC-HC engine with special DLL and with MPC Matroska Splitter.
    We need also a fix on ffdshow side.
    Patch is attached and link to special release of Mediaportal Final and FFDshow (Revision 3516)
    This version has a lot a debug message in error.log, it's just to know what happen but we can easily quote them.
    Download LINK Mediaportal : Mediaportal Release WARNING WARNING not supported for reported bug in General Forum
    Download LINK ffdshow : FFDShow Build Fix for Language Name
    Download LINK ffdshow (only ffdshow.ax for SAF user): FFDShow Build Fix for Language Name

Attachments

• 2010.07.11-11H05-mediaportal_FFDshow8.6.diff
      305.2 KB
    • 2010.07.12-22H45-mediaportal_FFDshow8.6.diff
      305.3 KB
    • 2010.07.18-08H20-mediaportal_FFDshow8.7.diff
      307.9 KB
    • 2010.07.21-13H30-mediaportal_FFDshow8.7-OK.diff
      309.9 KB
    • MPAudioSwitcher.zip
      158.9 KB
    • 2010.07.24-01H45-mediaportal_FFDshow8.7.diff