Intel dc3217iye as MePo Client (2 Viewers)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @TheBatfink 1080i is fine no frame drops at all, BBC HD and all the Sky HD channels working fine. I have set up UNC folders and am playing the media over a gigabit network.

I can upload a video to show you if you wish.

One issue I am having however is the small screen on resume if I don't switch on the TV first.

Thanks for that. Moving Pics and TVSeries? - do you think the small screen is a driver issue or a MePo oddity?
    So I need to find super thin 32" to pair this :) Guess I ought to start researching how to convert my MePo installation into a server from a single seat!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Another question.. when timeshifting on a client only, who writes the stream? The TV server or each client? Just curious if its the TVServer or not as my ram disc isn't going to be big enough for two shifting clients?

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Timeshifting is done on tvserver.
    If nuc as tvserver get bigger msata disk, put timeshift on usb-stick or add 16gb ram on it an create the biggest ramdisk possible.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    The only downside to this is the USB is 2.0

Personally I wouldn't use it as a TV Server as there are only 3 USB slots and you need one for a USB IR device.

p_e_p_i_j_n

March 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One issue I am having however is the small screen on resume if I don't switch on the TV first.

The developers are working on a fix. But what worked for me is this. In the 3rd reply it went clear for me. There is a simulated monitor (The regkey starting with SIMULATE) wich is switched to when the HDMI connection is temperary broken while switching your monitor ON/OFF.
    So just set PrimSurfSize.cx PrimSurfSize.cy to your current resolution and voila.....

regards Pepijn

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    So I got myself a new TV for the bedroom and a DC3217IYE on the way Friday so hopefully be set up and tested for the weekend. In the end I found the centrino wifi pcie board for £15 so I'm going to try it out before laying cables. My laptop seems to manage fine on the N wireless with 1080p so fingers crossed.

Had to go round the houses for parts though, 3 suppliers :/ looking forward to playing with it though :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Can anyone with one say whether they come with any IR stuff? One thing I never ordered was a IR receiver..

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Argh I'm struggling to find a microsoft compatible receiver for some reason. Don't suppose you know of anywhere in the UK to order one which isn't going to need irss or anything..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom