Intelligent Frame Correction - PlugIn (1 Viewer)

gnavox

Portal Member
May 13, 2009
Re: *New* Intelligent Frame Correction - PlugIn

Is there any way to make this plugin work with TV post processing filters such as ffdshow raw video filter?

IFC helps me correct the aspect ratio of my TV, but I would like to upscale the output to full HD. Currently I can do that with ffdshow, but then IFC will not set in and remove the black bars at the top, bottom, left and right.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

IFC don't touch the content, the cropping happens only within MP. Only the surface of the overlay is cropped not the movie material itself.

gnavox

Portal Member
    May 13, 2009

Yes, but when you add ffdshow raw video filter as a postprocessing filter in the TV section of MediaPortal Configuration, you expect it to upscale/process the image. But when I do so and have IFC enabled, IFC doesn't set in and remove the black bars. Hence I get an upscaled picture (1920x1080) where the actual TV picture is centered on the middle. It's like ffdshow takes the original TV signal with black bars and upscale it to 1080p, but I would like it to do that after IFC has removed the black bars.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes, but when you add ffdshow raw video filter as a postprocessing filter in the TV section of MediaPortal Configuration, you expect it to upscale/process the image. But when I do so and have IFC enabled, IFC doesn't set in and remove the black bars. Hence I get an upscaled picture (1920x1080) where the actual TV picture is centered on the middle. It's like ffdshow takes the original TV signal with black bars and upscale it to 1080p, but I would like it to do that after IFC has removed the black bars.

provide some logs to me, maybe we'll see more.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Quick thought - have you got black bar detection enabled for HD content ? (since that is what the upscaling is creating)

Tony

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Any reason as why the plugin doesn't instantly apply the cropping/viewmode when changing TV channel ?
    I have to sit and wait 5-15 sec before it finally decides to crop.

Has the sourcode been released for us curious ones ?

/gibman

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Any reason as why the plugin doesn't instantly apply the cropping/viewmode when changing TV channel ?
    I actually was asking that myself too! I think it should check and adapt immediately after a channel change..

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

I actually was asking that myself too! I think it should check and adapt immediately after a channel change..

If so, i thing we get a croping on every dark scene.

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

doom9 is using CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7), were interesting what happen with different codecs.

I'm using the Cyberlink PDVD9 codec, same issue with framedropping. The framedropping seems in sync with IFC checking rate (5000ms).

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Has the sourcode been released for us curious ones ?

/gibman

If so, i thing we get a croping on every dark scene.

sorry for the delay.
    That behavior is normal, cause no reset on channel change.
    The next version will work much better in my opinion, some things must be done for that.
    For this version no source code will be available, for the next gen it will.

doom9 is using CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7), were interesting what happen with different codecs.

I'm using the Cyberlink PDVD9 codec, same issue with framedropping. The framedropping seems in sync with IFC checking rate (5000ms).

Can't do much in this cases cause IFC use a MP Methode to grab the frame from the actual graphic content, seems some cards have problem with this.

I'm using a 8500GT and an old intel onboard gfx card and no problems here with grabbing. :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom