Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added"

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by stoked, December 9, 2010.

1. stoked
    • Premium Supporter

stoked MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

The "Recently Added" feature in Moving Pictures is probably the main reason I haven't moved to XBMC. However, occasionally when I add a movie to my collection it pulls the incorrect added date and obviously doesn't show up in my recently added list. This didn't happen with much earlier versions of Moving Pictures, but I never logged a bug or bothered to ask about it when I did notice it. Is this a known issue? I wasn't able to find it on the google code page.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. marv

marv Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    AW: Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added"

the recently added feature does exist in xbmc or do you mean something specific?

4. stoked
    • Premium Supporter

stoked MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added"

You're right it does, but it uses folder date after dropping a coverart file into the folder. Works great if starting from scratch, not so good for existing catalog.

5. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,659 / 2
    What is your advanced setting configured on for the ""Date Added" Population Method"? Perhaps your date stamps on your mediafiles do not match what you expect them to be, so verify the properties on them to find out which datestamp you prefer to use, for example created, modified, etc.

It is also possible to rely on the 'current' datestamp, but that might make you expect different results when re-adding old movies, as they will then become 'recently added'.

6. fforde

fforde Community Plugin Dev

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Rochess is right, check the Date Added advanced setting. By default Moving Pictures uses the file date but you can change it to just be the date it was actually added to your database. Its a bit of a confusing mess honestly.. o_O

7. marv

marv Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    AW: Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added"

stoked: xbmc uses the date when it's added to the library usually, although i don't have seperate folders for each movie. do you actually use the library mode?? this sounds odd. tried out the latest release dharma RC2? maybe you gonna ask in the xbmc forum, this should be solvable.

8. stoked
    • Premium Supporter

stoked MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Thanks guys,

I found the setting and it's set to "created". I checked the created timestamps and you guy's suspicion that the created timestamp isn't correct was right. I think I can used modified, but does MP take the modified date of the folder or the video file?

Nevermind, I'll script my media file unpacker to update the file creation date. Modified showed some really old movies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!