Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added" (1 Viewer)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

The "Recently Added" feature in Moving Pictures is probably the main reason I haven't moved to XBMC. However, occasionally when I add a movie to my collection it pulls the incorrect added date and obviously doesn't show up in my recently added list. This didn't happen with much earlier versions of Moving Pictures, but I never logged a bug or bothered to ask about it when I did notice it. Is this a known issue? I wasn't able to find it on the google code page.

marv

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added"

the recently added feature does exist in xbmc or do you mean something specific?

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added"

the recently added feature does exist in xbmc or do you mean something specific?

You're right it does, but it uses folder date after dropping a coverart file into the folder. Works great if starting from scratch, not so good for existing catalog.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,

The "Recently Added" feature in Moving Pictures is probably the main reason I haven't moved to XBMC. However, occasionally when I add a movie to my collection it pulls the incorrect added date and obviously doesn't show up in my recently added list. This didn't happen with much earlier versions of Moving Pictures, but I never logged a bug or bothered to ask about it when I did notice it. Is this a known issue? I wasn't able to find it on the google code page.

What is your advanced setting configured on for the ""Date Added" Population Method"? Perhaps your date stamps on your mediafiles do not match what you expect them to be, so verify the properties on them to find out which datestamp you prefer to use, for example created, modified, etc.

It is also possible to rely on the 'current' datestamp, but that might make you expect different results when re-adding old movies, as they will then become 'recently added'.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Rochess is right, check the Date Added advanced setting. By default Moving Pictures uses the file date but you can change it to just be the date it was actually added to your database. Its a bit of a confusing mess honestly.. o_O

marv

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Intermiitently Movies don't show up in "Recently Added"

stoked: xbmc uses the date when it's added to the library usually, although i don't have seperate folders for each movie. do you actually use the library mode?? this sounds odd. tried out the latest release dharma RC2? maybe you gonna ask in the xbmc forum, this should be solvable.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks guys,

I found the setting and it's set to "created". I checked the created timestamps and you guy's suspicion that the created timestamp isn't correct was right. I think I can used modified, but does MP take the modified date of the folder or the video file?

Nevermind, I'll script my media file unpacker to update the file creation date. Modified showed some really old movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom