Intermittent "no sound" - live TV and recordings - Sydney, Australia (1 Viewer)

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    next time it happens I will post logs. I personally believe it is a intermittant codec issue but I could be very well wrong. I have never used FFDShow Audio codec only ever AC3Filter.

wowski

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    I too was getting no sound on channel changes, for one channel it happened every time I changed to it for the first time. Can confirm changing the audio codec to ffdshow from the mediaportal default seems to have eliminated this. Am also using the Power DVD video codec and RC2 in Australia without any problems.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I got it to happen and I can say there is absolutely nothing in the logs at the time I go silence.

scenario was

watching channel for over 30 minutes with no problems, between ads I lost sound, My Amplifier was shoing MPEG stream, if I not watching TV is not the default so it was getting some sort of signal but could not interpret it i am assuming. Log files show nothing (Mp.log,tvstream, error.log). This must be a codec thing or graph rebuilding possibly???? After that it has not happened for 2 days now and I have changed nothing. real intermittant and not a real big deal but a nice to fix fault if i can....

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Any more news on this folks? Is the only fix ffdshow?

If that is the case, anyone care to share their ffdshow audio settings, both inside and outside MP?

ie, spdif/etc.

Also, did you guys leave it on "default directshow device" or whatever setting that is?

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi coopers,

Seems to have worked for most people - I certainly haven't had any problems with sound drop-outs since using ffdshow. As to whether it's the only fix, I don't know. In terms of configuring it, I just leave all the devices, etc. as the default.

Cheers,
    Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom