Internal error while adding a Media Source through manual input (1 Viewer)

DavidSomeone

Portal Member
November 22, 2015
London, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is my first post in these forums so apologies if I've missed something.

I am trying to add Synology NAS Shares as media sources. While Mdeia Source Configuration - Add Media Source - Network Neighbourhood shows the NAS it does not show the shares on it. So I tried adding one through Manual Input as //Server/Music with the name Music which gave the data type screen in which I ticked "Audio" but on clicking "Finish" I got "There is an internal error while configuring the Media Source" and it was not configured. Logs are attached as collected by the LogCollector.

1. It would be nice if the Synology NAS shares were listed so that manual entry was not necessary.
2. How should I do config these media sources (it all works in MediaPortal 1)?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The server log is quite clear:
    [2015-11-22 15:05:41,424] [6083842] [83 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Scheduled ImportJob(#9) (Activated) (Path ='{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///C:/DSMusic/', ImportJobType='Refresh',[2015-11-22 15:05:42,354] [6084772] [101 ] [WARN ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#9).DirectoryUnfoldBlock: Error while processing PendingImportResource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///C:/DSMusic/' (parent directory=)
    System.IO.IOException: The user name or password is incorrect.

You have to configure correct network credentials so the MP2-Server is able to access network drives. See http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/2_Setup_Guides/Media_Sources#Network_Path for more details how to configure username/password.

DavidSomeone

Portal Member
    November 22, 2015
    London, UK
    Home Country
    Thank you for the response but this is not the "Internal Error", that happened later. It is an earlier attempt to overcome the inability to access the NAS shares by making them "Local" through a symbolic link. However, it turns out that by entering a administrator's account (I had been using a normal account for security reasons) in Network Credentials brings the NAS shares into view so that they can be added normally so my original problem has been resolved for which I thank you.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    administrator's account
    Ok, but it should be enough to use an account this is alvailable on all your network drives. I have a special user "media" for this task.

but this is not the "Internal Error", that happened later.
    Is this issue still present? Please post a fresh set of logfiles, I can check this.

DavidSomeone

Portal Member
    November 22, 2015
    London, UK
    Home Country
    I can, logs attached. I've looked into it further. The server needs to be a new one and there is a short window of opportunity between entering the path as //Server/share and the appearance of the instrutions during which the "Continue" button is active which if clicked leads to the Internal Error. After the instrutions appear the "Continue" button is disabled and you cannot enter anything.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The server log is quite clear:
    [2015-11-22 15:05:41,424] [6083842] [83 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Scheduled ImportJob(#9) (Activated) (Path ='{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///C:/DSMusic/', ImportJobType='Refresh',[2015-11-22 15:05:42,354] [6084772] [101 ] [WARN ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#9).DirectoryUnfoldBlock: Error while processing PendingImportResource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///C:/DSMusic/' (parent directory=)
    System.IO.IOException: The user name or password is incorrect.

I had the same problem when configuring MP2.
    I have used BlueVision as skin when doing the configuration. At least within this skin the step of mediasource configuration is before (when going through the menu top-down) the step of giving user/password.
    Perhaps it is possible to change the order.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At least within this skin
    It's skin independent.
    Perhaps it is possible to change the order.
    The order is alphabetical...;)

But of course it would be much better, when "Connections" and "Server Settings" are bundled together and stay at the same place on top of the list as those are the most important settings that needs to be done before anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom