Internet Radio (2 Viewers)

Deckard

Portal Pro
June 25, 2006
Home Country
France France
Any news about native integration in MP ?
I like a lot Shoutcast radios and I would like them to be better supported by MP ...

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I would agree with that one.... I also think it can be better supported…perhaps we should put in an Improvement Suggestion.

Cheers
    GeoV

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Spagbol,

the workaround works quite nice. Thanks for the work!
    Testing it at the moment, an trying to find the right place for the info.

But why did u use twips instead of pixel? that would make the setup a bit easier.

hm, problem i have now, is that the shoutcast.exe get the focus, and i cant use mp, onlyif i click it with the mouse?

Second thing, i have no info on
    [playlist]
    NumberOfEntries=1
    File1=http://www.tokyo-ninja.com:8020/
    Title1= -Tokyio Ninja Radio-
    Length1=-1
    Album1=
    Year1=
    Genre1=
    Version=2

But no problems with:

[playlist]
    NumberOfEntries=1
    file1=http://radio2.digitalgunfire.com:8000
    Title1=DigitalGunfire.com - [Industrial:EBM:Futurepop] Long Range, Hard Hitting!
    Length1=-1
    Album1=
    Year1=
    Genre1=
    Version=2

Both sending the info, as i can see it in WinAmp.

sloty

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Stumbled over this issue by mistake.

Yes, this should be better supported.
    So i made some changes to the code.

With the latest SVN you should have the Selected Radio station appear besides the Visualisation Window.

Besides that, if you use BASS as your audio player, you will see now also the correct song information.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This thread helped me to understand Internet Radio in MePo a little better, but I still don't understand how to use shoutcast. I have followed the instructions for installing shoutcast.ax, but don't get anything from it. How should it be invoked?
    My attempts to follow links in this thread to other threads (e.g. the shoucast utility posted by juvinous) have all been unsuccessful, they all seem to be broken.
    How do other users organize their radio stations?
    What are the relative pros and cons of putting PLS files in the designated radio folder or putting other kinds of playlist files pointing to radio streams (e.g. WPL files) in the designated playlist folder?

savaino

Portal Member
    November 13, 2006
    hwahrmann,
    I tested it in the last RC and it works. It would be nice if at this point we could have a "now playing" button so we can show the title and songs in the now playing a bigger screen. Oh, I forgot: in the radio list screen when playing an internet radio station you do not see any visualization. Maybe it's just RC problem
    EDIT: Visualization works, I just installed milkdrop winamp vis and all is good!
    Thanks for the enhancements!
    --sav

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    BBC Radio 2

Finally !!!!
    I cracked it!!!!!! :eek:

For all those wishing to use the Radio 2 stream shove this .pls into your radio folder - now if someone could just work out the 'now playing' bit...

Wonty

Portal Member
    September 9, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All,

I'm a newbie to MP but am I impressed - Amazing!!!

I've configured most of MP exactly how I want to, then I got into the Radio function...Now I've read through all this thread and I know I'm missing something, but I oh so want this to work... After SupdR's post I got playing around with streams (never done this before) and I got a stream for BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2... Now I can play these streams very easily through the programme VLC Media Player...

Is it not possible for MP not use the player to feed its streams? Like I say I'm a newbie so please be gentle with me, I'm trying to learn - just know this is a naive question - but here goes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom