invalid file handle 32 and sql start error... (2 Viewers)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
... while installing MP 1.8.0 over an existing 1.7.1 hotfix (TV Server was stopped manually).

What can I do? Got no logs at all, because MP doesn't start because of missing MySQL-Service.

Machine is running with Win 8.1 64 bit

eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
How can I create logs during the installation process? MP doesn't start after finishing the installation because of missing MySQL 5.6

eagle

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    1. To create clean and conclusive logs you only have to: (See Log Files for details)
      1. use the "MediaPortal Debug" shortcut from your Windows Start Menu (Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal) to start MediaPortal using the WatchDog Debug tool.
      2. Inside the new window which will then open, select the first option "Report a bug to Team MediaPortal", which will start MediaPortal in a special debug mode, using the default skin and distributed plugins only.
      3. Reproduce the issue and close MediaPortal afterwards.
        Note: Debug mode automatically disables all extensions and uses the Titan skin to ensure your issue is not produced by an extension.
      4. A MediaPortalLogs_<Date>_<Time>.zip file will be automatically created.
      5. Please attach it to your thread/post.
      Without logs it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to help you!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There will be an Install log for the client and the server in folders within
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\
    MediaPortal\Log\install_1.8.0.0_2014-07-01_16-06-17
    MediaPortal TV Server\Log\install_.........

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @regeszter

I do know that, I read it in the wiki but it presumes that MP is running. It doesn't run because of the missing MySQL-Installation of MySQL 5.6. I tried to install MySQL manually and it failed too. Maybe the Oracle-Server is down.

@breese
    I'll have a look into the folder

thx

eagle

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I do know that, I read it in the wiki but it presumes that MP is running. It doesn't run because of the missing MySQL-Installation of MySQL 5.6. I tried to install MySQL manually and it failed too. Maybe the Oracle-Server is down.

No need to run MP or TVE to collect the logs with watchdog.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    o.k. after removing MP 1.7.1 the "invalid file handle 32" error has gone. "MySQL start service exception" still appears. The installation process has been interrupted by closing the alert window of MySql. The install-log has been created this afternoon since the installation process had no chance to create a new one because of termination

eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good Morning at all :)

I got it to work. After installing MySQL 5.6 manually and using the "new installation"-Button of MP-Install, MP 1.8.0 has been installed successfully, by using the "use installed SQL-Server" (or so). The MySQL-Service now is called MySQL56 instead of MySQL. Maybe this causes the problems I've got.

Now I have to reconfigure MP and hopefully I'm able to watch the worldcup without any issues ;)

Thx to regeszter and breese for their help

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom