iOS 11 Compatibility (1 Viewer)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
July 14, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi guys

I updated to the Betta iOS 11 and now the iViewer app needs to be updated before it will work with the new OS.

Is there any chance this is going to happen any time soon as I really like using it and don’t want to have to downgrade my os just to use one app, albeit an awesome one

Regards

Glen

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Our app is a graphical interface bundled with the command fusions app "iviewer 4" i have upgraded our gui to be compatible with their latest version but I havent yet fixed all additional files( gfx for app store, app description etc) CF believe their latest version works fine with ios 11 but i havent tested myself.

You can do me a favour and download iviewer 4 and see if the os complains.

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Johanj

Thank you for your reply:)
    I downloaded iViewer 4 and it opens to a screen asking me to configure it in guiDesigner.

Where do I get that from and is it simple to use (n)

Regards

Glen

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Johanj

I found the software and it looks complicated.

Is there a configuration like the MPiV that I can just load onto my iPad as I was happy with it just controlling MP?

I don’t need it to control anything else and I was happy with the look and feel of MPiV.

Regards

Glen

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The first test was just to see that iViewer 4 loads on iOS 11 and that seems to work fine since you didn't get any warnings at startup.

The next thing we could test is the actual MPiV gui loaded in iViewer 4 on iOS 11.

iViewer 4 is licensed per device and the cost is about 100euro. The main usage for the app is home automation and it's used by custom installers. But we have a few additional license so I can probably transfer a license to you for beta testing during a period. Then add your license key inside the gui and send you a download link for the gui thay you add into the app settings for loading of the gui directly to your device. (Alternatively one can download the gui and open it in guiDesigner for download to app)

I will pm you instructions for how to get the license key.

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks mate

I am going on a weeks holiday with the family so I will have a go at it when I get back:)

Appreciate the help.

Regards

Glen

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry guys that we haven't updated yet.

I have now updated myself to iOS 11 and can confirm that MPiV don't load. The app that we bundle the Mediportal gui with (iViewer 4) works fine though together with our gui. Will try to find the time to fix the update.

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Johanj

I followed the steps and when I first tapped the "Add to Account" button it had an error so I tapped it again and now it says "This device has already been added to your account as an unlicensed devise. If you believe this is an error, please contact us via our website" what do I do now?

Regards

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom