iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    :eek:

I'm usually annoyed when people ask questions like this because it disrespects the work of both but here goes (no disrespect meant!)

- This is some wonderful work and the perfect application to meld MP with iPhone/Touch interface - I really can't wait until VLC gets proper .mov h264 transcoding sorted, this would just be a killer app. Is there any chance you could collaborate with Big_Kev to incorporate the work into a special (and optional) iPiMP interface for his developed work?

I like Big_Kev's interface for internet access on full-fat computers, which is what my partner mainly uses as well so I wouldn't want to get rid of it, but I would like this interface too for my ipod touch. Also having two programs which contain webservers seems a little counter-intuitive if you could have one which supplies both.

Thanks for your work on this, it's unbelievably geeky-cool!

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I can't get any logos to appear for channels though, I've pointed it at a directory containing .png files for each of the logos. Is this not correct?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :eek:

I'm usually annoyed when people ask questions like this because it disrespects the work of both but here goes (no disrespect meant!)

- This is some wonderful work and the perfect application to meld MP with iPhone/Touch interface - I really can't wait until VLC gets proper .mov h264 transcoding sorted, this would just be a killer app. Is there any chance you could collaborate with Big_Kev to incorporate the work into a special (and optional) iPiMP interface for his developed work?

I like Big_Kev's interface for internet access on full-fat computers, which is what my partner mainly uses as well so I wouldn't want to get rid of it, but I would like this interface too for my ipod touch. Also having two programs which contain webservers seems a little counter-intuitive if you could have one which supplies both.

Thanks for your work on this, it's unbelievably geeky-cool!

I also use Big_Kev's interface and made a couple of tweaks to get it to view better on my iPod touch. I did first try to write some custom html for BKWIMP :) but couldn't get it to work as BK generates tables whereas this iPiMP interface is based on unordered lists with CSS to manage the display.

Also from my understanding of Big_Kev's work he makes direct database calls to get/set information where iPiMP uses the published TV Server interfaces. I'm not a programmer by trade so iPiMP is written in (ahem) VB.NET and uses a load of native stuff from the .NET framework and it was interesting to try it out.

I see your point though, one solution is always better than two, and running 2 web servers is an overhead.

Anyhow - I'll certainly drop BK a PM and see what his thoughts are.

BTW - geeky-cool - just what I was aiming for :D

I can't get any logos to appear for channels though, I've pointed it at a directory containing .png files for each of the logos. Is this not correct?

Can you check the file httpd.conf in your %InstallFolder%\iPiMP\conf folder, there should be a line which sets us an alias to TVLogos

Line 58:
    Code:
    Alias /TVLogos "C:/ProgramData/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal/thumbs/tv/logos"

Line 67:
    Code:
    <Directory "C:/ProgramData/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal/thumbs/tv/logos"

Can you confirm those are correct, and note the it should be "/" and not "\".

The installer should patch this file with the folder you selected - maybe it's not worked.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I have the following the conf file:

Alias /TVLogos "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/thumbs/tv/logos"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/thumbs/tv/logos">
    Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

Should that work? The files in there have been copied from my client where they all show correctly.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Really must try this when I get home. I am currently using Big_Kevs Webinterface (or was until I started trying out 4TheRecord but thats a different story).
    I thought it was pretty cool and I actually used it a lot on my iPhone. I just couldn't help but feel that it would be so sweet if someone could make som custom HTML or something which would fit the iPhone perfectly.
    Basically this plugin/extension does the same job, just with it's own webinterface. As said earlier, it would be absolutely great if these two things could get merged, in order to have only 1, very flexible interface that could be used on a number of devices.

I am definately going to try this out, and the work so far looks amazing, so don't take the above as criticism - it's just a single solution for all our webinterface needs would be amazing, and also much easier to install and configure, that having a lot of different programs.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I have the following the conf file:

Alias /TVLogos "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/thumbs/tv/logos"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/thumbs/tv/logos">
    Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

Should that work? The files in there have been copied from my client where they all show correctly.

Looks fine to me.

Can you try to open the image in a normal browser http://<ipimpserver>/TVLogos/<channelname>.png and see what that says.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Oh my god, sorry for being a fool. It appears that the other web interface I was using had renamed all the files to just numerical names rather than channel names! Nope, still doesn't work. I get the following when trying to just view a file:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /TVLogos/bbci.png on this server.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Can you post your httpd.conf - I'll stick it on my server and see what happens.

Or open a command prompt and navigate to %ipimpinstallfolder%\ipimp\bin and run

Code:
    httpd -k stop -n ipimpweb

that'll stop the web server, then run

Code:
    httpd -k start -n ipimpweb

that'll start the web server and may show some errors in the command window.

There's also an error.log in the logs folder which may contain some info..

another thought springs to mind - apache is case sensitive so your channel logos have to be named the same as your tv server channels - including case - so maybe it should be BBCi.png

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    U Da MAN!!!!

no really, awesome work!!

btw! works also great with 0.2.3 TV Server....:)

thank you very much, BUT KEEP GOING....:) :)

cheers

joystick

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom