iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.0.2

When connecting to: /IP/ipimp I get: 'Object niet gevonden' and 'Error 404' (object not found) and my adress bar shows:
192.168.1.65/DefaultLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=/ipimp/Default.aspx

Could you please help this poor man whose nightly period of rest is seriously endangered by this phenomenon?

Use 192.168.1.65: PORT !!!

Port = e.g. 8080

My apache config:

###############################################################################################################################################################
Listen 80
Listen 8080
###############################################################################################################################################################

### asp.net ###############################################################################################################################################################
LoadModule aspdotnet_module modules/mod_aspdotnet.so
AddHandler asp.net asax ascx ashx asmx aspx axd config cs csproj licx rem resources resx soap vb vbproj vsdisco webinfo
<IfModule mod_aspdotnet.cpp>
AspNetVersion v2.0.50727
AspNetMount / "C:/Program Files (x86)/iPimp/Aspx"
Alias /iPimp "C:/Program Files (x86)/iPimp/Aspx"
Alias /TVLogos "C:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/thumbs/tv/logos"
<Directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/iPimp/Aspx">
Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
DirectoryIndex Default.aspx
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/thumbs/tv/logos">
Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
AliasMatch /aspnet_client/system_web/(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)/(.*) "C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v$1.$2.$3/ASP.NETClientFiles/$4"
<Directory "C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v*/ASP.NETClientFiles">
Options FollowSymlinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</IfModule>
###########################################################################################################################################################################

# Virtual Hosts ###########################################################################################################################################################
NameVirtualHost 192.168.2.101
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
DocumentRoot D:\webServer\intranet
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost _default_:8080>
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files (x86)/iPimp/Aspx"
</VirtualHost>
###########################################################################################################################################################################

hegu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Are you able to stream recoreded TV? I have not had success with this on my HTC Magic Androd phone - see post a couple back - not sure where to start with trouble shooting
    Thanks in advance!
    Neville:

No, I am not able to do so. As far as my noobnerdiness goes I believe this to be due to Apple's ownership of the Mp4 format, which isn't supported by Android. Correct me if I'm wrong. Nevertheless this is no problem for me, I don't record much TV shows. The TV functionality of Mediaportal is mostly used by my girlfriend :D (the purpose of iPiMP for me is having a remote that isn't a complete wireless mediakeyboard)
    Nevertheless I GUESS this could be worked around by setting the conversion to a supported format instead of MP4, but that's an uneducated guess.

I have the same problem as Neville.
    If I copy the transcoded mp4-file on to my htc hero (android) i can watch it. But streaming the same file fails.
    Tested with standard browser and dolphin.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004

Are you able to stream recoreded TV? I have not had success with this on my HTC Magic Androd phone - see post a couple back - not sure where to start with trouble shooting
    Thanks in advance!
    Neville:

No, I am not able to do so. As far as my noobnerdiness goes I believe this to be due to Apple's ownership of the Mp4 format, which isn't supported by Android. Correct me if I'm wrong. Nevertheless this is no problem for me, I don't record much TV shows. The TV functionality of Mediaportal is mostly used by my girlfriend :D (the purpose of iPiMP for me is having a remote that isn't a complete wireless mediakeyboard)
    Nevertheless I GUESS this could be worked around by setting the conversion to a supported format instead of MP4, but that's an uneducated guess.

I have the same problem as Neville.
    If I copy the transcoded mp4-file on to my htc hero (android) i can watch it. But streaming the same file fails.
    Tested with standard browser and dolphin.

Maybe its a problem with the mp4 encoding.

Esp. a iPod or iphone only can use mp4's with basic encoding and level 3 profile and a low complexitiy audio profile. I do not use this part of ipimp but thats the specifications to convert mp4 for an ipod with tmpgenc express to view it on a ipod.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Esp. a iPod or iphone only can use mp4's with basic encoding and level 3 profile and a low complexitiy audio profile. I do not use this part of ipimp but thats the specifications to convert mp4 for an ipod with tmpgenc express to view it on a ipod.

for completeness then - any solution that anyone knows of?

Castellaneta

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hello everyone! So mad, if I access the server with my ipod, nothing happens but when I connect to a client MediaPortal crask

Sorry for my english:mad: please help!!!:confused:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hello everyone! So mad, if I access the server with my ipod, nothing happens but when I connect to a client MediaPortal crask

Sorry for my english:mad: please help!!!:confused:
    Can you detail the exact steps you take when connecting to a client?

Castellaneta

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I forgot to get you the compliments ----Sorry:D.
    Now works with firefox but with the ipod there are still problems: i do not see the login page and the debugger tells me 2 error:
    1) logic.js on line 76 ( undefined value)
    2) login.asx on line 25 (viewport width or height)

Thanks Luca!

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Just stumled on this, don't have an iphone but a HTC diamond and tried to use it with iPimp. Didn't work out of the box, but got it running with opera 10 beta 2 for windows mobile. I wanna use it for playing music (without having to have the TV on).
    Looks great! Shame I now have two opera's running on my phone ... appearantly it didn't upgrade 9.5 to 10 :(

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

First of all... THANK YOU!

This is really a cool application!

Sadly, I can not get FFMPEG to encode my recorded TV files though :(. FFMPEG will endode the H264 video fine, but I'm not getting any audio (source is aac). I suspect it might be because the original files are multichannel, and I can't get ffmpeg to boil it down...

I can get handbrake to do the business easily, but I can't quite fool iPiMP into using handbrake either.
    Here is a handbrake command line that works just fine:
    "C:\Program Files\HandBrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe" -i %INFILE% -o %OUTFILE% e x264 -q 0.589999973773956 -a 1 -E faac -B 128 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -f mp4 -X 480 -m -x level=30:cabac=0:ref=2:mixed-refs:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1

I'm guessing, cause I really don't know very much, that its the "-6 dpl2" that is making handbrake able to do what ffmpeg can't... ie. mixdown to dolby 2... but i could be completely wrong.

I've tried to copy this command line as close as possible using the similar ffmpeg commands, but can not get the audio to play :(.
    eg. ffmpeg -i %INFILE% -vcodec libx264 -s 480x272 -level 30 -coder 0 -refs 2 -flags2 +mixed_refs -me_method umh -flags2 -fastpskip -acodec libfaac -ar 48 -ab 128 -ac 1 %OUTFILE%

So, I would LOVE it if iPiMP would allow us to choose handbrake over FFMPEG. I think this could be very easily implemented... but I suspect I'll be holding my breath for a long time.

Alternatively, do any of you smart chaps know how to encode this file with FFMPEG, and keep the audio!?

Help!?

Sample file is here: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

gustavson

Portal Member
    November 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.0.2

Cheezey,
    great and wonderful tool, thanks!
    But it seem that I have the same problem as fredflintstone (dracul and Seco)
    opening musik, interpreter results in

FUBAR
    Das Objekt des Typs System.String kann nicht in Typ Jayrock.Json.JsonObject umgewandelt werden

bei Website.MyMusicListGenres.DisplayMyMusicGenres(String wa, String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MyMusicListGenres.aspx.vb:Zeile 87. bei Website.MyMusicListGenres.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MyMusicListGenres.aspx.vb:Zeile 67. bei System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) bei System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Disabled firewall leads to same result

Help appreciated.

Greetings
    Peter

update: log attached
    no TV in MP, use dvbviewer

Attachments

• tmp_HTPC.rar
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread