iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.0.2

Hi All,

Two days ago I finally got an iPod Touch, and immediately looked at iPiMP. I had not followed the discussion and caught up with all 100+ pages. Only to realize I cold have used it before with Safari on PC... Argh !

Well, first of all, WAF went even higher than before (she is computer-minded luckily) because now she can have music running without having to switch on the LCD TV every time.

I did get some smaller issues, which I will report about later. Right now we're simply enjoying this !
:D

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
August 9, 2006
Hessen
Home Country
Germany Germany

Quick question,
is it possible to use MP client feature via DynDNS from outside?
To check, if music is still running at home ;-)
In general I'd say, would be tricky because your not in the local network. but for a singleseat installation it should work, or?
BR Sebastian

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium

I can tell you it works :) I tested that yesterday.

The tricky part is to forward the port to the correct machine inside your network. This is different in every router/firewall. Assuming you have the webserver running on port 80, you need to forward port 80 on your router to your MP server (typically IP adresses like 192.168.x.y)

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
August 9, 2006
Hessen
Home Country
Germany Germany

Thanks for your answer.
I'm already using the webinterface from outside. Just saw your previos post and configured MP cleint on iPhone the first time.
And it didn't worked. But as far as I know, MP cleint on my box is not running.
Perhaps thats why I get: Can't connect. Will do some tests once I'm at home.
Would be cool, to start local MP client on the box@home via iPiMP.
BR

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks for your answer.
I'm already using the webinterface from outside. Just saw your previos post and configured MP cleint on iPhone the first time.
And it didn't worked. But as far as I know, MP cleint on my box is not running.
Perhaps thats why I get: Can't connect. Will do some tests once I'm at home.
Would be cool, to start local MP client on the box@home via iPiMP.
BR

You can only connect to an iPIMP client plugin when MediaPortal is running (it is an MP plugin!). If your MediaPortal client is powered off then you can send a Wake On LAN command via IPiMP to power on the PC if it supports it.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.0.2

Cheezey,
great and wonderful tool, thanks!
But it seem that I have the same problem as fredflintstone (dracul and Seco)
opening musik, interpreter results in

FUBAR
Das Objekt des Typs System.String kann nicht in Typ Jayrock.Json.JsonObject umgewandelt werden

bei Website.MyMusicListGenres.DisplayMyMusicGenres(String wa, String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MyMusicListGenres.aspx.vb:Zeile 87. bei Website.MyMusicListGenres.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MyMusicListGenres.aspx.vb:Zeile 67. bei System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) bei System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Disabled firewall leads to same result

Help appreciated.

Greetings
Peter

update: log attached
no TV in MP, use dvbviewer

gustavson - Is your music database populated? iPiMP uses the native MP music database - it does not read your file system for music files.

First of all... THANK YOU!

This is really a cool application!

Sadly, I can not get FFMPEG to encode my recorded TV files though :(. FFMPEG will endode the H264 video fine, but I'm not getting any audio (source is aac). I suspect it might be because the original files are multichannel, and I can't get ffmpeg to boil it down...

I can get handbrake to do the business easily, but I can't quite fool iPiMP into using handbrake either.
Here is a handbrake command line that works just fine:
"C:\Program Files\HandBrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe" -i %INFILE% -o %OUTFILE% e x264 -q 0.589999973773956 -a 1 -E faac -B 128 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -f mp4 -X 480 -m -x level=30:cabac=0:ref=2:mixed-refs:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1

I'm guessing, cause I really don't know very much, that its the "-6 dpl2" that is making handbrake able to do what ffmpeg can't... ie. mixdown to dolby 2... but i could be completely wrong.

I've tried to copy this command line as close as possible using the similar ffmpeg commands, but can not get the audio to play :(.
eg. ffmpeg -i %INFILE% -vcodec libx264 -s 480x272 -level 30 -coder 0 -refs 2 -flags2 +mixed_refs -me_method umh -flags2 -fastpskip -acodec libfaac -ar 48 -ab 128 -ac 1 %OUTFILE%

So, I would LOVE it if iPiMP would allow us to choose handbrake over FFMPEG. I think this could be very easily implemented... but I suspect I'll be holding my breath for a long time.

Alternatively, do any of you smart chaps know how to encode this file with FFMPEG, and keep the audio!?

Help!?

Sample file is here: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Edwood - I cannot download that file - I get constatly busy messages (as I'm not a premium user). I shall retry though. I have tried out handbrake myself and like the look of it, using this would make it easier to transcode files into formats usable on other mobile devices too. There have been a few users using HTCs etc who cannot view transcoded media. So I intend to update the iPiMP client and Transcode plugin to use handbrake in the next release.

What!? You can!? Where do I set up the mac address? Where can i tell iPiMP to use WOL?

thanks

Edwood - There is a MAC address field on the Add Client screen. If this is populated and iPiMP cannot connect to the client then you get the option to send a WOL packet.

I forgot to get you the compliments ----Sorry:D.
Now works with firefox but with the ipod there are still problems: i do not see the login page and the debugger tells me 2 error:
1) logic.js on line 76 ( undefined value)
2) login.asx on line 25 (viewport width or height)

Thanks Luca!

Castellaneta - What version of iPhone OS are you running? Also do you have any MobileSafari add-ons installed?

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.0.2

Cheezey,
Thanks fort he fast replay, yes my database populated. I noticed that %appdata% leads to he user logged to the system (e.g. gustavson). On my PC the folder „ Team MediaPortal“ all logs and the MB database are under „all users“ available for all users on my PC. (took me some time to look for the logs ;) )

Maybe a hint?
Greetings
Peter

Castellaneta

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Roma
Home Country
Italy Italy

I forgot to get you the compliments ----Sorry:D.
Now works with firefox but with the ipod there are still problems: i do not see the login page and the debugger tells me 2 error:
1) logic.js on line 76 ( undefined value)
2) login.asx on line 25 (viewport width or height)

Thanks Luca!

!
Castellaneta - What version of iPhone OS are you running? Also do you have any MobileSafari add-ons installed?

Thanks for reply!
the O.S:version is 1.1.5 (4B1) with no add-ons installed
I even tried after the recovery "reset" process ..... but nothing has changed:confused:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

Thanks for reply!
the O.S:version is 1.1.5 (4B1) with no add-ons installed
I even tried after the recovery "reset" process ..... but nothing has changed:confused:

Castellaneta - 1.1.5 is 18months old. You'll need to upgrade your iPhone OS to use iPiMP.

Cheezey,
Thanks fort he fast replay, yes my database populated. I noticed that %appdata% leads to he user logged to the system (e.g. gustavson). On my PC the folder „ Team MediaPortal“ all logs and the MB database are under „all users“ available for all users on my PC. (took me some time to look for the logs ;) )

Maybe a hint?
Greetings
Peter

gustavson - Does the same thing happen when you browse music by year or artist or album?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom