iPiMP 4.2.0 is released (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
iPiMP 4.2.0 is released, the main change is the inclusion of Handbrake to do transcoding, both from the iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 plugin and the iPiMP web application. There is also a 'Nexus One' handbrake preset included to transcode into MP4 format which allows streaming to that Smartphone (thanks to CHli for this). There are other transcoding improvements too, the scheduling code just fires once a day now (rather than checking the time every 10mins) and you can reduce the priority of the trancoding process if you like.

The wiki has been updated to reflect the new transcoding settings here and here.

There is also a version compiled for MP 1.1.0 RC1 - this hasn't been fully tested though as I am not running this on my live system yet.

Change log
Download here
The Wiki (including install instructions) is also on the Google code site
The source is up on Google code

I am now going to try again now and get live TV working for the next release.

to help support continued iPiMP development

Ragendorf

Portal Pro
March 24, 2008
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: iPiMP 4.2.0 is released

Hey cheezey,

can´t wait to get my Archos HomeTablet to test your Software. Looks really nice.

Best regards.

--Jens--

tig3r025

Portal Pro
November 29, 2008
Ljubljana
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I tried plugin yesterday on my ipod touch and it's working without a problem. I have only one request. In remote control, can you add numbers from 0-9. It would be very handful in tv section when changing channel.

and one more thing... In remote control on second page where there are shortcuts to plugins... if i press shortcut for movies it goes on my videos instead to movingpictures. can i change that by myself?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I tried plugin yesterday on my ipod touch and it's working without a problem. I have only one request. In remote control, can you add numbers from 0-9. It would be very handful in tv section when changing channel.

This is on the roadmap - I'll see if I can get it in the next release.

and one more thing... In remote control on second page where there are shortcuts to plugins... if i press shortcut for movies it goes on my videos instead to movingpictures. can i change that by myself?

You could try this, edit C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults\iPiMP.xml (backup your original).

line 179 change to read
HTML:
<button name="My Videos" code="999999">

line 213 change to read
HTML:
<button name="MovingPictures" code="74">

Let me know if that works and I'll stick it on the FAQ.

rhartinger

Portal Pro
May 28, 2008
Hi cheezey,
what about Live-TV? I read thatPinnacle can do this in the TV Cemter. The Software ist DistanTV

Greetins

Roland

Edwood

Portal Pro
September 16, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
L33T!

I haven't looked on the MP forums for many months, and I just decided to have a quick look to see if Cheezey had gone and added Handbrake support yet... and he HAS!
Thanks Cheezey! You is the man.

On another topic, it took me a long time, and was very frustrating, trying to find the new sub-forum. PLEASE, can a moderator at least add a link from the old thread (where Google will send you), pointing to this sub-forum.
Ideally, could you please also advise how to browse here... ie: MediaPortal 1 -> TV Server Plugins -> iPiMP.

Love & Muffins.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
L33T!

I haven't looked on the MP forums for many months, and I just decided to have a quick look to see if Cheezey had gone and added Handbrake support yet... and he HAS!
Thanks Cheezey! You is the man.

On another topic, it took me a long time, and was very frustrating, trying to find the new sub-forum. PLEASE, can a moderator at least add a link from the old thread (where Google will send you), pointing to this sub-forum.
Ideally, could you please also advise how to browse here... ie: MediaPortal 1 -> TV Server Plugins -> iPiMP.

Love & Muffins.

Links/threads updated :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom