iPiMP 5.0.0 is released (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
iPiMP 5.0.0 is released, the main change is the addition of live TV - I must stress this is an EXPERIMENTAL feature at the moment. I have found that the stream will stop on the iPhone at random times, but pressing the play button again just restarts it. This is due to a small bug in the Smooth Streaming module which has already been fixed by the Smooth Streaming module devs - but has not yet been released as there are other updates they are doing at the moment. I have decided to release this anyway as I said I would :D

Read the Live Streaming page on the wiki, this will be updated with info on this feature as it develops.

Additionally I have added the Radio Guide feature, so you can view your Radio EPG much the same as you can with the TV guide. Streaming Radio is NOT available (yet ;))

Oh yes - and I've sorted the schedule section so you can see what is scheduled to be recorded properly. See the changelog for the full update.

There's also the Spanish translation - thanks to bodiroga.

There are versions for MP 1.0.2 and MP 1.1.0 RC4. The version for MP 1.0.2 hasn't been fully tested though as I am not running this on my live system any more.

Have fun - I'm off for a sleep.

Change log
Download here
The Wiki (including install instructions) is also on the Google code site
The source is up on Google code

to help support continued iPiMP development

EDIT: Also available is the iPiMP 5.0.1 patch

Attachments

• IMG_0164.PNG
    IMG_0164.PNG
    33.3 KB
  • IMG_0166.PNG
    IMG_0166.PNG
    22.4 KB
  • IMG_0167.PNG
    IMG_0167.PNG
    33.2 KB
  • IMG_0168.PNG
    IMG_0168.PNG
    27.6 KB
  • IMG_0169.PNG
    IMG_0169.PNG
    21.6 KB

dubbeld

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Great tnx!

I already downloaded this project from SVN, if you don't mind I will change some stuff to get it completely working on Android (as far as it isn't working at the moment).

But great progress! And tnx, now I can watch football anywhere :)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Feel free to change whatever to improve this for the Android platform. If you let me know what changes to make I'll happily update the source to include them. It's difficult for me to fully support Andoid as I don't have access to that platform, so any help would be appreciated.

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi cheezy,

gret news, i just installed it and it works nearly perfect out of the box :)

just one bug: if i watch live tv and i am finished i get not back to the "stop" button but to the start screen of ipimp, so its not possible to stop the timeshifting and free the blocked tuner.

nicx...

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Main Menu -> TV Server Status -> Streaming Status

This was created in case that happened or you inadvertently navigated away form the play screen.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.0.0 is released

Hi,

the installation is telling me that the webserver could not be started because of a faulty httpd.conf.

what could I do?

cheers

joystick

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: iPiMP 5.0.0 is released

If the installer completed, check if the iPiMPWeb service is running - this may be a false error.

If the installer did not complete make sure nothing else is listening on the port you selected for iPiMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom