Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Live TV drops out

What is actually happening is that the SmoothStreaming module has not written some correct information into the playlist file, this is purely a timing issue which they have recognised and are fixing. It may be worse on slower PC's. The actual stream is fine and continues to stay tuned and transcoding.

When you get a drop out you are returned to the iPiMP app.

If you are running iPiMP in a standard Safari session then you are returned to the stream page showing the start/stop buttons. If you click start you will just rejoin the stream. If you click stop it will stop the stream and transcoding.

If you are running iPiMP as a full screen app (launched from an icon on your springboard) then you get sent back to the home page. In this case there is no way to get back to the existing stream (as you cannot enter a URL in the address bar) so you have to stop the stream. To do this you can go to TV Server Status -> Streaming Status.

I will look at adding an additional item in the TV Server Status -> Streaming Status page to allow the existing stream to be re-joined.

Just to reiterate the first line of the 5.0.0 release post. Live TV streaming is EXPERIMENTAL.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
iPiMP 5.0.1 patch

I thought I'd do a patch rather than a full install for 5.0.1. The patch works on both 1.0.2 & 1.1.0 installs.

This updates resolves 2 issues:
  1. Streaming Status page has been updated to allow an existing stream to be rejoined. (As detailed above)
  2. Added a Silverlight page to view the stream in a desktop browser. I suggest you use Google Chrome.

Change log
Download here
The Wiki (including install instructions) is also on the Google code site
The source is up on Google code

to help support continued iPiMP development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom