iPiMP cannot connect to Mediaportal client and streaming only works on iOS4 (1 Viewer)

SimonInd

Portal Member
December 10, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Apologies for the lengthy delay but rather than waste your time I went through the steps to gather the log and found a couple of problems, firstly my client on the same PC as the server was listening on the wrong port, no idea how that could have happened, and secondly for remote clients I had to open the ports on Windows firewall, then it started making the connection.

I'm now at the stage where I get "Can't start music" or the web client just hangs when I try and play anything or go to Now Playing. The link on the 5.1.0 issues and fixes for a new Client Controller is dead so I'm not sure what to try next. I tried a new Fanart plugin, and disabling it but neither works.

Anything else I can try?

It's a great project and it is so close to being perfect....

Cheers
Simon

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I have updated the link in the 5.1.0 issues post to the latest MPCC plugin. Try that, if it still fails post some logs.

SimonInd

Portal Member
December 10, 2006
Home Country
Ok, so I'm now up and running with the exception of the Now Playing error:
!! FUBAR !!
Error with iPiMP remoting...
Client: dimension-e520
Action: nowplaying
at Website.NowPlaying.GetNowPlaying(String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 91 at Website.NowPlaying.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 70 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

To be honest it's not a biggie as I mainly use the feature for listening to music on my system without turning the projector on and I normally know what I'm listening to. However if there are any particular logs that may be useful to you let me know and I'll attach them?

Thanks
Simon

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
OK - there's a bug when retrieving Fanart for music with Fanart version 2.2.3.197 - I'll look into it this evening.

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

First of all, Cheezey, thank you for such a wonderful tool! You Rock!!!

I've just installed IPimp.
Server: Windows 7 hompe premium 64 bit SP1 running Mediaportal server 1.1.1.0, wired (the main server for the satellite TV reception, DVD and music library)
Client 1: Vista SP2 32 bit running Mediaportal client 1.1.3.0, connected via WiFi
Client 2: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit SP1 running Mediaporal client 1.1.3.0, connected via WiFi
Client 3: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit SP1 running mediaportal client 1.1.1.0, wired (the living room HTPC connected to the TV)
Remote control device: emulated version of Windows Mobile 6.5 running Dorothy browser

Right after install:
all fine on Client 1.
Client 2 gives "cannot connect" and Client 3 gives "cannot connec, send WOL"

Actions taken:
1.updated MPCC plugin using this MPEI installer on both clients 2 and 3
2.extracted uWiMPweb.5.1.1.762.zip into <iPiMP install folder>\Aspx\Bin on server
3.extracted uWiMPStrings.zip into <iPiMP install folder>\Aspx\App_GlobalResources on server
all fine on Client 1.
Client 2 gives "cannot connect" and Client 3 gives "cannot connec, send WOL"

Any ideas/suggestions to fix on client 2 and client 3 are welcome.

Thanks and best regards,
Bernhard

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
GOOD NEWS!

Yesterday, in just 30 minutes, I've upgraded the server and "client 3" to MP 1.2.0.
(I had to do something for my remote control and was happy to find the updated version of the messenger plugin made for MP 1.2)

Before I want to re-test ipimp on the main client (3), I've done this on client 2 today:
- remove ipimp
- completely remove MP from client
- install mp1.2
- install ipimp beta for MP1.2

On the server installed ipimp beta for 1.2 as well.

First result is positive: I can now remote control the MP client.
(For some reason, it took the server some time to identify the client. )

Will keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom