iPimp not starting on reboot (1 Viewer)

zazh05

Portal Member
September 11, 2009
Munich
Hey there,
I simply love the prog, as thousands of users do, but I ran into some probs I can´t resolve. :confused:
Maybe you have an idea...

Installed the latest version of iPimp and it´s surface was reachable in my network and on iphone. Late at night, my HTPC shuts down to save some energy. The next morning when I start my HTPC again, the iPimp surface isn´t reachable anymore.
I ruled out IP-config-problems, firewall-issues and things like that. What I learned is that the Windows process ipimpweb does not start automatically when windows reboots, althoug it´s properties are set to "start automatically"
Any ideas?
Is it a problem with the apache? I am not at all experienced with apache...

There is a second question I´d like to ask: when transcoding starts, it does so using handbreak without further command line options. It transcodes very well - but it doesn´t stop anymore. The webinterface shows "Transcoding is running" although the target file is allready finished and playable. Also the size of the target file doesn´t change anymore. :mad:

Would be very thankful for any hints!
zazh05

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey there,
I simply love the prog, as thousands of users do, but I ran into some probs I can´t resolve. :confused:
Maybe you have an idea...

Installed the latest version of iPimp and it´s surface was reachable in my network and on iphone. Late at night, my HTPC shuts down to save some energy. The next morning when I start my HTPC again, the iPimp surface isn´t reachable anymore.
I ruled out IP-config-problems, firewall-issues and things like that. What I learned is that the Windows process ipimpweb does not start automatically when windows reboots, althoug it´s properties are set to "start automatically"
Any ideas?
Is it a problem with the apache? I am not at all experienced with apache...

There is a second question I´d like to ask: when transcoding starts, it does so using handbreak without further command line options. It transcodes very well - but it doesn´t stop anymore. The webinterface shows "Transcoding is running" although the target file is allready finished and playable. Also the size of the target file doesn´t change anymore. :mad:

Would be very thankful for any hints!
zazh05

On your first problem - there may be something else which is using your iPiMP port when your HTPC is restarted, try changing to a different port and restarting your HTPC. You can do that by editing your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\conf\iPiMP.conf the port is defined on lines 2 & 10. When changing your port to something other than 80 you'll need to add it to your browser request, e.g. if you try port 81 you would browse to http://HTPC:81

On the second problem there's a couple of issues, the first is that there is a bug in iPiMP which means it does not use command line parameters correctly, this is fixed and will be in the next version. The second issue seems to be with Handbrake which doesn't close when it finishes transcoding, this has been reported on the Handbrake forums.

Doncyp

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Hi let me start by saying damn good plugin!!!!

On to me prob, I am having the same issue as OP ipimp does not start on reboot service is set to auto but doesn't start, itried changing port number to something random but same prob, I am using win7 32bit and MP 1.1.2 and latest version of ipimp.

Any ideas anyone????

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Your Apache error log shows the service starting up OK and being used as normal. Could you reboot then post the Apache error log again. Also after the reboot look in your Eventviewer -> System log to see what it reports about the service not starting.

Doncyp

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Hi cheezey,
I have attached log files as requested and also screen shot of event viwer, there is indeed an error for ipimp, also i have noticed that for some reason if i try to manually start the service as local sytem it doesn't start, it throws up an error but if i start the service as my user logon it starts up...strange as it was manually working as local sytem over the weekend?
Anyway hope you can help reslove the startup issue :)

Thanks

Attachments

• Apache & event viwer.rar
    1.1 MB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Nothing in the logs shows any problem, they do show that the service started at Sun Dec 05 22:38:21 2010, stopped at Sun Dec 05 22:42:48 2010 and restarted at Sun Dec 05 22:43:20 2010, I assume this was you running the service as your own account?

Can you check the security on the C:\Programs files\iPiMP folder, SYSTEM should have full control (inherited).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom