iPimp not starting on reboot (1 Viewer)

Doncyp

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Hi Cheezy,
thanks for being patient with me regarding this issue.....

I have restored an image from a few days ago and now local system can manually start the process but still not auto starting, i decided to clean out the apache error log and all event logs and do a reboot, after reboot nothing in aphache error log which means the service hasn't got as far as loading so nothing to report,system event log still shows the same error as in my previous post attachment :(
what the hell could be stopping the service from running arghhhh! lol

Apartf rom this isssue i'm loving ipimp sd streaming is great hd streaming is a little flakey for me though i'm sure some tweaking will sort this out :)

Anyhow look forward to your reply.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Have you verified the security of the folder? And checked with a few different ports? You can use netstat -ano to check what ports are in use.

Doncyp

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Hi Cheezy,
Yep ipimp folder has system full permissions, have changed to another port still no joy done netsat and nothing is using ports...
Is ther a way i can run the service from startup folder, must admit have tried this but nothing runs when i edit shorcut to "C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice
I tried just running httpd.exe all i get is a dos box flash up for a second is this normal behaviour?
I expected something to show up in processes running.
I wonder how OP got his none auto starting issue resloved..........

elmaco

Portal Member
December 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello, i have the same problem, that Ipimp service doesn't start after reboot (It can be done manually, but no automatic start up?)

Doncyp, did you find a solution?

Regards/Marcus

Doncyp

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Sadly no, I'm just gonna have to wait for new release and hope that works, its damn annoying as i really like this plugin, but its annoying in this cripled state :(

Doncyp

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Well i have finally manged to get ipimp loading on boot (forced loading of service)!!! :)
1st check that the ipimpweb service is set to manual, and then create a batch file with the following:

ECHO Starting iPiMPweb
net start "iPiMPweb"
exit

Once bat file is created just shove it in the startup folder, this is working for me :)

Hope it helps others.........

elmaco

Portal Member
December 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well i have finally manged to get ipimp loading on boot (forced loading of service)!!! :)
1st check that the ipimpweb service is set to manual, and then create a batch file with the following:

ECHO Starting iPiMPweb
net start "iPiMPweb"
exit

Once bat file is created just shove it in the startup folder, this is working for me :)

Hope it helps others.........

This is what i did to make it works:
Disable windows Firewall.

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
AW: iPimp not starting on reboot

Hi,
This worked for me:

copy files (see below) from "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" to "C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\bin"

DirectShowLib.dll
TvBusinessLayer.dll
TvControl.dll
TVDatabase.dll
TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll

Then go to services and start/restart ipimp Web service.

Still didn't start after reboot. So I applied the batch file from above. now it works. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom