IPTV from https m3u8 urls - Help (1 Viewer)

AndreT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello MP Gurus out there.

Not sure if this is a bug or my lack of understanding of Media portal.

I'm trying to add https m3u8 source channels as IPTV channels in MP2 TV server.

I manually created dvbIP channels but I have no idea what to add in the fields for Network ID, PMT PID & Stream ID so I tried values of 1. This allowed the channel definition to save at least.

I can then map channels to a DvbIP Media Portal IPTV Source Filter "cards" but they don't tune.

Attached log file showing errors in MPIPTVSource.log - https unsupported.

Any help is appreciated.

Thankyou
    Andre

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-11-01-11.25.54.zip
      1.5 MB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know if it's supposed to work like this.
    The way it worked for me (disclaimer: MP1) is to put that m3u8 in the dvbip folder, and then let the tvservice scan the channels.
    More or less explained here: Scan DVB - IP

AndreT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Doskabouter,

Thank you for the advice and pointing me in the right direction (RTFM) for MP1 docs.

I still can't get my m3u8's to be recognised by MP. Same issue is reported in log file showing errors in MPIPTVSource.log - https unsupported.(attached in first message)

From the link that you provided, I read:
    " server can be DNS name or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) authentication is not supported proxy server is not supported SSL not supported (HTTP port 443)"

Which answers my question.

Sad face.

I really need this feature moving forward. How can I help?

Last edited:

AndreT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I've had some success! I can preview, timeshift and record some https IPTV channels from a modified m3u8 source playlist.

I'm a little vague on some of the terminology and methods. I've been using DVB-T for over 10 years with MP (yes 'm long overdue to donate to the project team) but only just playing with IPTV now. Not sure if my expectations on the 2x sources being similar to manage are correct.

MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter (extension), is only available as a plugin extension for MP1. I was initially on MP2 but continued this test on MP1. Here I can take my downloaded m3u8 playlist, rename as m3u and remove the incompatible tag/data to enable "load playlist" to import the channels into the extension. Still in the extension, the channels appear and some test ok, while others fail. I then restart the TV Server service. Using the same modified m3u file located in TuningParameters\dvbip subfolder I can scan for channels on the DvbIP Media Portal IPTV Source Filter "card" and the same working channels are found and added to the TV channel list. After another restart of the TV Service, I can also see the channels in the Extension "Database editor".

I don't see how the 2x similar "load playlist" / "scan for channels" methods are co-related but they seem to be required.

More testing to be done....

I appreciate any feedback or comments.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, sounds complicated.
    I assumed that the tvservice was still more or less the same for MP1 and MP2..

But importing it in the plugin/extension I never did that in my setup. I just put the m3u in place and start scanning channels.
    And as for non working channels: don't know if it's going to work, but perhaps you can try to add/scan only that channel? Maybe the server is throttling a bit after lots of channel switches?

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @AndreT Have a quick search online for Tantrum IPTV Editor.

The issue I have found with IPTV in MP is that it seems to refuse to scan any listing that is using any modern tagging from m3uplus or m3u8 type files.

Open the file in Tantrum and choose export to Simple IPTV List. This will provide you with a file that literally just has the name of the channel and the link to reach it.

Drop that file in the IPTV folder, restart the TV configuration program and you should be able to scan all channels in the file.

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Let me know how you get on @AndreT . I spent quite a while on my IPTV setup with MP2 and it's a constant work in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom