IPTV issue getting channels from url (1 Viewer)

Sawilliams33

November 12, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello I'm attempting to add a paid iptv provider to MP1 or mp2 using provided url.
The url format is: http://ky-iptv.com:25461/get.php?username=SXXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

I save this url to a .m3u file save. I find it on list, but no channels are loaded. Any help please.

1636740204576.png

Attachments

• 1636739811827.png
    1636739811827.png
    145.8 KB
  • 1636740045503.png
    1636740045503.png
    65.2 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    can you pm me the logs (pm because they contain your uname+password) so I can see what the exact error is?
    It might be that you have to install MPUrlSourceSplitter and configure it correctly...

maisac

Portal Member
    July 4, 2010
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    can you pm me the logs (pm because they contain your uname+password) so I can see what the exact error is?
    It might be that you have to install MPUrlSourceSplitter and configure it correctly...
    I have the same problem, maybe the best solution would be to add the URL as in all IPTV players I have seen, like MyIPTV, IPTV Smarters, Perfect Player, Tivimate.
    Regarding the very high quality of the MediaPortal TV server, I guess that adding the same functionality as in IPTV players is not impossible.
    I hope that Playlist URL and EPG URL can be added, and handled as splendidly as everything else in MP.

magda

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2016
    Home Country
    I have the same problem, maybe the best solution would be to add the URL as in all IPTV players I have seen, like MyIPTV, IPTV Smarters, Perfect Player, Tivimate.
    Regarding the very high quality of the MediaPortal TV server, I guess that adding the same functionality as in IPTV players is not impossible.
    I hope that Playlist URL and EPG URL can be added, and handled as splendidly as everything else in MP.
    Any news on that idea? Is that even possible? :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did a small bit of investigating but the scanning process returns quite a bit of info (pmt,networkid,is_audio,is_video etc). Don't know what info exactly is needed for adding channels to work, but whether the stream is audioonly (radiochannel) or also contains video (tvchannel) sure is amongst it.
    Have to do some more testing to see what info can be faked, and what info the user needs to provide when adding channels

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just checked, and it at least needs a valid PMT PID and NetworkId.
    Really don't know if those are constants for m3u8 streams in general, or that they may differ between providers.
    My provider gives me a PMT PID of 4096, and a NetworkId of 1.
    Can you share yours? And anybody else following this thread too?
    Edit: perhaps a possibility could be developed that scans the first item and uses that info for all other channels?

Mats Isaksson

November 13, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Any news on that idea? Is that even possible? :)
    Try NextPVR, works great with IPTV. If EPG is not complete, you can go to iptv-org there, you can choose country and find almost all TV channels. NextPVR is really great, but I use MediaPortal for my DVB-T. You can use NextPVR also for your DVB-T, but I got EPG for jsut until next day. There is a fix for that, but I do not bother enough to leave the also excellent MediaPortal.

markosjal

May 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Yea II think Media Portal sucks for Live TV no documentation for the MediaPortal2 version , just bread crumbs that are mostly obsolete info. The documentation is far from complete for IPTV channel integration , at least the docs I can find.

This is at least my third attempt to install and figure out live TV in Media Portal2 but still no joy for any IPTV integration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom