IR Server running external program for Firewire STB channel changing.... (1 Viewer)

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First off, thank you and-81 for a great plugin! Unfortunately I'm having a little problem with it. I'm trying to use it to control my STB via firewire. I've installed Tim Moore's MCE 2005 STB Controller suite and the drivers needed for my cable box. When I use channel.exe -f 2 103 (force the channel change on the box to channel 103) via the command line, it works just fine. I've got a similar command as a run command setup for each of the keys in the TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Suite as follows:

Program: C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller\channel.exe
    Start in folder: C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller
    Parameters: -f 2 %2
    Window Style: Hidden

It's odd though, everytime it types a channel it double types it....from the logfile:

2009-02-09 19:05:35.953125 [ProcessExternalChannel]: TV3BlasterPlugin: ProcessExternalCommand("Run: C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller\channel.exe|C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller|-f 2 %2|Hidden|True|False|False|False", 1, 103)
    2009-02-09 19:05:36.203125 [ProcessExternalChannel]: TV3BlasterPlugin: ProcessExternalCommand("Run: C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller\channel.exe|C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller|-f 2 %2|Hidden|True|False|False|False", 0, 103)
    2009-02-09 19:05:36.468750 [ProcessExternalChannel]: TV3BlasterPlugin: ProcessExternalCommand("Run: C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller\channel.exe|C:\Program Files\Timmmoore\MCE 2005 STB Controller\|-f 2 %2|Hidden|True|False|False|False", 3, 103)

And, for the life of me I can't find the setting that prevents it from doing that. I've got the Channel Digits set to 3. I can literally watch my STB freak out as soon as this plugin starts to try to send commands. It's like it's always typing in one extra # when trying to tune it. Anyway, my basic is as follows: I'm using a SVN build of Media Portal from 12/22/08 (the last one with a working patch made by garry for the Hauppage HD-PVR), IR Server Plugin 1.0.4.2 and the TV3 Server from the same SVN date. Attached you'll find my logfiles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

chesh

P.S. Sorry for the double post. I didn't know if it should be in the main IR Server thread for help, or if it should go as a seperate thread. Please forgive me. :sorry:

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just got home and have been playing with this for a little bit again. It seems that the IR Server is sending 3 commands to my STB when it only really needs to send 1 with the exact channel I want it to tune to. Does anyone know how to edit the plugin / .xml files in order to achieve this? If I can figure that much out, I should be golden. Thanks for any help someone can offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom