IR Server Suite - Alpha Testing (Private) (1 Viewer)

dareh

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Alcalá de Henares
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi Aaron, do you think you could add Actions into the Macros?
I am using keystrokes, to stop the video or to go to a channel number, inside macros, but I'm having a lot of problems with the focus. This would make macros even more powerful.

A thousand thanks for all your work.

Dareh.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    My plan is to modify the way the input mapper works in mediaportal itself, so that you can build macros within the input mapping screen. This would be the most powerful way to do it.

However, with the current feature freeze in place I can't make changes to the MediaPortal source.

I'll look at adding some more macro commands in in the meantime, but hopefully we'll get 0.2.3.0 out the door soon and I can start sinking my teeth into the MediaPortal code again.

Thanks for your feedback,

camoura

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Aaron, I'm only using a fraction of what IR SERVER is capable of, but I found a bug in the IRMAN configuration.

When you change the "button repeat delay" it does not stick. After restarting IR SERVER, the setting changes back to "500".

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Aaron,

How long before we will be able to get our hands on the "IR Server Suite"?

MSMP

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Aaron,

Nice job on your IR server suit. I was pretty excited to install it and give it a try. So I was configuring it for my Star Choice STB. (With some difficulties as it seemed that the learning didn't work too well, confirmation on learning but test failed) After selecting (in the server setting) MCE replacement for receiver and transmitter, it seemed to learn the codes better and actually work. I was able to power on and power off the STB.

I was pretty much done with all the mappings and settings, as I would want it, so I ran a test. Most settings I had done didn't work (must have done something wrong, so I start again with a second, third, forth run at all the settings. At some point after switching some settings in the IR server, the application stalled. I tried to reboot computer and start IR server again to continue. But GET this. I'm not able to start the IR application.

I went to extreme measures by uninstalling, clearing Registry and reinstalling even with re-boots in-between multiple times but I'm not able to run the IR server.

I know I should have kept the Log file for you, but what I remember is that there was one error line, something about exception error and access denied. (Why would it do that after it was running for several hours?)

(My system spec in the drop down left) For now I’m back to the old my blaster thing (compiled against RC1) L

Do you have any Idea why I won’t be able to start IR server application? Not even after a fresh install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom